• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Pivot jumping" up air = true combos?

Lukred

Smash Rookie
Ive been playing around with the amazing mechanics of up air. So as most of you may know, "pivot jumping" (i dont know the actual name) where you run, turn for a pivot and then jump you can get an instant bair to the face, and Ganons bair works pretty well for this, however this is more of a kill move. "Pivot jumping" a short hopped up air allows for potential true combos, at early percentages the last few frames of the back of the foot has barely any knock back and allows you to up air > forward tilt, this lasts till about 50% it also seems possible to up air > flame choke. Also the back of the foot seems to trip occasionally? im not sure of this yet as i haven't consistently managed to do this, but this may be good for tech chasing or more combos if they don't roll out of it.

They seem to be frame traps although I haven't played around with this much yet, regardless it seems pretty useful. If you guys find out more, let me know! :)

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Ive been playing around with the amazing mechanics of up air. So as most of you may know, "pivot jumping" (i dont know the actual name) where you run, turn for a pivot and then jump you can get an instant bair to the face, and Ganons bair works pretty well for this, however this is more of a kill move. "Pivot jumping" a short hopped up air allows for potential true combos, at early percentages the last few frames of the back of the foot has barely any knock back and allows you to up air > forward tilt, this lasts till about 50% it also seems possible to up air > flame choke. Also the back of the foot seems to trip occasionally? im not sure of this yet as i haven't consistently managed to do this, but this may be good for tech chasing or more combos if they don't roll out of it.

They seem to be frame traps although I haven't played around with this much yet, regardless it seems pretty useful. If you guys find out more, let me know! :)
The only true followup to a reversed up air is side b. Xinc went over this in his Ganondorf guide: http://smashboards.com/guides/reviving-the-king-of-evil.48/

Last edited:
Top Bottom