• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot f-tilt sets up up-tilts, back air

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
So I noticed when playing around with Fox that if you pivot f-tilt while dashing at someone, and they get hit with the buttcheek hitbox, they'll take the usual knockback of an ftilt but you'll be sliding backwards in their direction so it easily sets up into up-tilts at low percents, and possibly back air at higher percents (I haven't tried the latter on a human opponent so I don't know if it can be DIed out of). It seems to work on all characters, even floaties. Of course, lacking range/disjoint means that it's not the safest option, so it's best reserved when you have a clear opening.

Perfect pivot up tilt is most likely a better option, as it's quicker and much safer, but if for whatever reason you can't reliably perfect pivot, it seems to me like the next best thing.

Does anybody know about this already? I feel like people would.

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
Well sry to say but ur not the one who discovered it, I learned it from this vid a while back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9laKpL1YQc
It's a good thing u made a thread about it, becuz the video has almost 0 views so obviously this'll be new to most people. Being able to carry people across the stage with FTilts and guaranteed combos into grabs and USmashes sure bears a striking resemblance to the good old days of waveshining in Melee, but ofc not even close to as good. Anyways I thought I'd share my discoveries with this, I was playing around with it on Peach the other day and all of these are true combos: (No DI involved, cannot confirm if these are DI dependent either)
30% - 50%~ FTilt > UTilt > USmash/UTilt
30% - 90%~ FTilt > Dash Atk
40% - 50%~ FTilt > DSMash
65% - 90%~ FTilt > FTilt > USmash/BAir (Depends on the angle)
100% - 110%~ FTilt > USmash
Depending on the angle of the FTilt it can lead to a grab from around 30% to 80%.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
This is reasonably well-known. I don't know if it works with bair because utilt sets up bair at higher percents anyway so I've never tried it. I don't believe there's a mention of it in Zelkam's Lylat Datalink, so props for posting this anyway.

Diagonal_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YayConformity
3DS FC
5069-4015-5843
Nothing new. I discovered this months ago and utilize it to the max. Early on, you can do f tilt, up tilt, nair. At around 50 f tilt, up titl, up air. At around 75 you can do f tilt, down smash. For a middle-weight character around 90 for f tilt, side smash. Then at 100+ f tilt into up smash. (Easier to do if you use a jump cancel up smash)

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Does anyone know what combos into pivot f tilt reliably besides u tilt?

Nvm.i tested myself that you can follow up with pivot f tilt after u tilt,d tilt or f tilt. Pretty boss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom