• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot F-tilt Problems

Zog

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I am having some trouble using Ike's pivot f-tilt. Usually what happens is that I will perform a forward smash instead of the tilt. When I switched the c-stick to Attack i perform a dash attack instead 90% of the time. What is the easiest way to perform this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
You just got to work a bit on the timing. F-Smash means you're pressing A too quick after the pivot, just add a very slight pause between the pivot and the attack input.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
What helped me get it down a little better was practicing my dash dancing, as the attack button needs to be hit while the turning animation is going. The dash dancing let me get a feel for how long the turning animation was, which let me feel the idea time to both work on my f-tilts but also pivot grabs.

Top Bottom