• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Sliding Up-Smash

kendrick

Smash Rookie
I am guessing this is already known, but I was playing with Pit's U-Smash while dashing/running and sometimes he will "slide" a considerable distance while attacking. I cant figure out how to do it on command though. I think it has to do with either timing his run animation with the attack or timing it with the slide animation from when he stops running. For a while I thought i had it by either pointing the joystick in the forward down diagonal right before i U-Smashed or by slightly moving the stick towards the middle, so its not jammed up against the side but not reset, right before U-Smashing. Neither of these are 100% thought, so far it seems almost random. Has anyone figured this out? And Pit Can't dash-cancel

kendrick

Smash Rookie
I think I figured it out. If you release the stick Right before you Usmash the momentum from the slide, as though you were just running then let go, carries into the USmash.

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
sorry man, but the slide isn't the same either way.

I tried similar methods. it seems like it has to do with timing. You have to time it so it's not too soon after you dash, and not too late either.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
anyone can up smash while dashing at full speed, sagemoon explained it already

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
When you're dashing and [Up Smash] sometimes Pit will attack while sliding (floating?) forward slightly, and other times he will slide forward significantly. The difference between the two is night and day; as the latter does the attack with such forward momentum as if you've never stopped dashing.

In my experience, albeit lesser than most; mastering the lengthy 'version' of this technique would be extremely beneficial. I plan to experiment with this in depth. However, currently it seemingly can be summarized as boiling down to 'when' during the dash animation you execute the smash.

If anyone isn't positive what we're referencing, simply enter training and dash into [Up Smash] a few times. Don't always smash immediately; dash for a couple steps. You're bound to notice the difference within a few tries.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I have done this before, it is true. I don't think it's worth learning the timing though, Pit moves at such a speed that it's hard to hit with all three hits of the U-smash.

Top Bottom