• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's & Palutena's SSB4 Codecs

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Link to original post: [drupal=5171]Pit's & Palutena's SSB4 Codecs [/drupal]

Back few months I had been messing around with Snake and his codecs on each character in Brawl.These were pretty interesting, and I thought of attempting on similar codecs between Pit & Palutena in Uprising-style, since I'm quite sure that since Sakurai made them superchatty in Uprising, he'd carry this feature for the as codecs similar to Snake and Fox & Falco. They could be used it on Skyworld or Uprising-stage as Pit. (Or Palutena if she becomes playable)

Lately these have becomed very popular and requests are raining down constantly. I decided to stop posting these on GameFAQS because the people there just threw me more requests over feedback. (In fact, only Pieman gave me a good suggestion of using Viridi and Hades as well, which I took notice on)

So here they are, I'm posting these in snippets centering one potential newcomer for SSB4.

I'll also add in existing requests in case you might think of someone who's been asked already:

- Isaac

- Duck Hunt Dog / Mr.Peepers

- Marth (Yes, veterans are also getting codecs)

- Kirby

- Sonic

I guess that's all... feel free to suggest characters, but keep in mind I want to do these when I'm not busy and I usually pick ones which I might be familiar with, or can prove to do an interesting codec.

Oh, and if you see a something under someone's codec titled Conv.2 , it stands for a function, where if Pit were to call Palutena again for the codec (by a taunt or whatever), they'd sorta have "a continuing conversation" for the character. Usually these build upon stuff about the character and if I can pull another funny conversation if there's something left in my mind that I wanted to include in the codec.

Also people, be sure to check up codecs for Palutena alone by Giant Bread Bug.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Starfy

Pit: Lady Palutena, I wouldn't have ever expected to get into this sort of awkward situation...
Palutena: After defeating powerful princesses, greedy and disgusting muscular antiheroes or electric mice, I don't have any clue what would be even more awkward for you in this battlefield.
Pit: Okay then... get this. I'm fighting against a starfish. And even out of the water, too!
Palutena: You mean Starfy? He's actually no starfish.
Pit: Then what is he?
Palutena: He's the Prince Of Pufftop! A bit of... very clumsy royalty, but he's quite determined when he sets his mind on something. Isn't he just adorable?
Pit: *Confidently* He is. He seems pretty harmless to me, too.
Palutena:: Don't try to underestimate him, Pit. Some rumors and stories tell him possessing very supergalactic strength passed down by his father. From what I remember, he once deflected away an entire moon launched by a certain evil extraterrestial force.
Pit: Really?!! You've got to be joking there... There's no way this little... star could do... Oooh, I get it. Star power.
Palutena: Still doesn't mean he's from outer space himself.
Pit: What was he then, again?
Palutena: The Prince Of Pufftop, of course!
Pit: That doesn't make any sense to me... I guess I can say he's the only individual of it's own kind?

- Conv. 2 -

Pit: Now that we're talking about 'sealife', I think it might be right time to tell something I've felt too embarrassed to mention in front of public.
Palutena: What is it Pit?
Pit: It's just that... I'm not just afraid of eggplants, but I'm also scared of water. My body goes totally numb if I fall on huge body of water.
Palutena: So you swim like a hammer. It might be no wonder, according to one ancient myth...
Pit: A myth? Lady Palutena, what does it have to do with me?
Palutena: Well, long time ago, there were two humans who were held in a prison inside a maze. The father made though wings from feathers and beewax, which he gave to his son. They successfully escaped: but the son was so marvelled with his ability to fly, that he soared even higher and higher...
Pit: Let me guess, that son got too near sunlight, and his wings burned up... Am I correct?
Palutena: That's right. The poor son fell on the sea and drowned. Oh, it's such a tragic story...
Pit: I see... Wait, don't tell me...
Palutena: Don't worry, I don't think there's that much of possibility that you're related to him: it might just be a matter of coincidence.
Pit: Sure. At least I would've been smarter.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
- Alice -

Pit
: Lady Palutena, why there's a little girl in middle of a battlefield?! We can't allow civilians to get in danger!
Palutena: That's Alice, a citizen of Pencilvania- she's been well-known for her love to balloons, which has even earned her a name of Balloon Kid among the town folk.
Pit: Now that's much worse... I'm gonna get her out of here!
Palutena: Watch out Pit, she might fight back. Or maybe even escape away by floating up using her balloons. She's very skilled 'Balloon Fighter'.
Pit: She uses balloons to fly!? Awww, I feel pretty envious already!
Palutena: She's light enough to do that, you know. Once she used it to rescue her little brother Jim, even risking her life and limb to destroy the Anti-Balloon Fighter Machine. An admirable, strongwilled child there indeed.
Pit: You know, maybe I'd try 'Balloon Fighting'...
Palutena: Sorry Pit, but an angel like you would look very undignifying with air balloons strapped on your back. I can't allow that.
Pit: But... *gets upset*

/This was really on the short side... besides I dunno would Alice really become playable./

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
- Ridley -

Pit
: Lady Palutenaaa!
Palutena: You sound very concerned there Pit! What's wrong?
Pit: I'm battling against the devil! Not just any kind of devil, but he's in a form of dragon!
Palutena: That's Ridley, one of the most high-ranked members from the galactic gang called Space Pirates. He's very wicked reptile, someone NOT to be taken lightly at any costs.
Pit: That's very clear to me already. Look at him take down the other fighters! Eww, he clearly enjoys it...
Palutena: He's very sadistic and bloodthirsty too: he never gets tired for the sight of destruction.
Pit: I see... You have any good advices around him?
Palutena: To be honest, I don't know about his weaknesses at the moment. I'm sorry.
Pit: Oh no... I guess I gotta find someway around to defeat him.
But I wonder, if he's one of those usual "Dumb Dragon"-characters... maybe this scary outeriour is just to get us caught off-guard.

*Palutena suddenly disappears, and it appears Ridley was playing as her all time long*

Ridley: Going so far as to insult me, sissy boy? My playtime's done then. Prepare to lose your immortality under my power!!!
Pit: HOLY PALUTENA! HELP MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
- Mewtwo -

Pit
: Who's this feline-like creature? He looks very... serious.
Palutena: That's Mewtwo, a PKMN created by the scientists, who was meant to be a clone of Mew.
Pit: A clone?! But cloning is-
Palutena: A very serious crime for life and it's miraculilty, yes. Mewtwo had to go through a lot for that, and I'm not sure if he has found his way to life without worrying about who he is.
Pit: I'm so shocked... if I were a clone of someone.. I wouldn't have any origin. I wouldn't belong to anywhere. I wouldn't ever be unique. Is my life even worth living? So unhuman and horrifying...
Palutena: Pit, are you crying?
Pit: I know I'm bit different from the rest of the angels... (of course there's Pittoo...) but I didn't know some would have it more worse than I do.
Palutena: Cheer up Pit. Even if you might have born very different from the others, it means you can also reach new heights and worlds unimaginable of a regular individual... you might not know how to fly, but it lets you see the life in other way... from a view of angel who can't fly.
But honestly, what I would do without an army captain and bodyguard like you... you've done so much more than an average angel could!
Pit: Palutena, I'm... speechless.
Palutena: But Pit, I thought you were aware of that yourself too. *Giggle*
Furthermore, I think Mewtwo and his presence helps us realise how precious our life's are, whatever the origin of birth and place. No matter how different you are, you were given ability to live and experience the world and it's amazing wonders. So was Mewtwo. You both are very unique and so are your lifes.
Pit: I see... thanks Lady Palutena.
Palutena: No problem. Don't worry about Mewtwo, things are looking up to him now... May his life be blessed one.

/I wish I would've added Pittoo on this but I think this codec's good already on it's own... Kinda hard to find where to place him.../

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
- Toad -

Pit: *Puzzledly* A walking... mushroom?
Palutena: That's Toad, one of the royal members of Seven Mushroom Retainers who's duty is to bodyguard Princess Peach of Mushroom Kingdom.
Pit: Look him go! He's pretty nimble and strong for tree-hugging shroom. What is he, a walking powerup?
Palutena: He is a powerhouse, and puts a lot of speed in his steps. None knows where those supernatural attributes came from to him. He can't jump very high though with his small legs.
Pit: Whatever, he's going to get smashed until he has no spores left!
Palutena: Speaking of spores, Toad can also use them for his advantage. He can make huge mushrooms grow up if he scatters enough spores around him.
Pit: Ewwww.... now that I think about it, I don't want to touch him. That guy should learn to do those hardcore dandruff shampooing habits.
Palutena: *Amusedly* Oh Pit, Toad simply has no hair, if you knew.
Pit:*Pouts* Whatever he is, he must be "the forbidden one" to touch. Just look at his polkadot head!
Palutena: You know Pit, I've seen you chasing those dark-red, poisonous mushrooms with such a glee, always getting shrinked again after biting one. Have you maybe lost your sense of which mushrooms are edible and non-edible?
Pit: *Astonished* But... I can't ever recognize which is which! Is it the bright red one or the dark-red one...
Palutena: *Little seriously now*
That's it Pit. Biology lessons for you. In my temple. Tomorrow morning.

Conv. 2

Pit:*Pondering* So if Toad's so fast and powerful, why Peach gets kidnapped so much?
Palutena: From what I've gathered, Toad's been said to be very cowardly person despite his strengths.
Pit: *Disappointed* Wow. Way to blow off a potential suprise butt-kicking bodyguard.
Palutena: I have to agree with you on that: he'd make a very reliable bodyguard if trained well. Oddly enough even the other six Mushroom Retainers can't take care of Princess Peach.
Pit: How-to Have Your Own Bodyguard Page 573: Never trust your safety upon a bunch of mushrooms.
Palutena: Then why don't you go out there and train them to be brave, loyal bodyguards like you are? Everyone would benefit from it, with kidnapping surely diminishing away.
Pit:*Unsurely* That's a good idea... But I don't they'd become any different. Also there's another personal reason...
Palutena: Yes Pit?
Pit: We wouldn't get any new Mario-games anymore?
Palutena: Of course we will... but they'd be all starring Toad.
Pit: Maybe! I really bet he eats plumber heads to make himself grow!

Palutena: What was that about?

Pit: *Gets very nervous*
Uhmmm--- f-forget what I just said. Just... forget it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
- Tom Nook -

Pit
: Lady Palutena, can you please explain why there's a raccoon with an apron messing around here??
Palutena: His name is Tom Nook. And he's not a raccoon. To be more accurate, he's a tanooki.
Pit: Tonooke?
Palutena: It's tanooki. Tanooki's are japanese raccoon dogs. Obviously, Tom Nook's name even suggests this, hm?
Pit: * Is certainly not impressed of Nook's fighting style* Do they also use everyday tools for beating others?
Palutena: No, they don't. Actually, many myths of the japanese folklore, tanookis are mischievous masters of disguise, using only a one leaf to shapeshift into anything imaginable.
Pit: Anything possible?! as in, ANYTHING??
Palutena: Yes-yes... or so is rumored.
Pit: Then that raccoon then has more gifts bestowed upon him than he knows. Why won't he use his skill of shapeshifting then? You know, instead ofthrowing around money, shooting with a slingshot, either digging up fossils with his shovel or slamming people with it, flailing around with a fishing rod, or something else very normal! He acts like a very ordinary individual instead of a tanooki!
Palutena: This might then interest you Pit: while Tom Nook appears to be quite gold-hearted upon ones he meets, he's a very well-known, determined businessman. This tanooki you're fighting against runs a huge marketing business in his country, the Animal Island.
Pit: *Completely suprised* Woooah. That is... completely new. I guess he didn't bother putting on more wealthy clothes for battle.
Palutena: And just adding, he even provides houses for the new residents of the Animal Island, though it's usual habit for him to never tell beforehand how costly the houses are before they make it in their new home. Despite all this, they must pay him a loan for it, they wanted it or not. He really seems to be slightly twisted for a businessman, yes?
Pit: I take it back- He is a tanooki. Also known as greedy jerks in a cute sheep's clothing.

Top Bottom