• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Ledge Game

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
What do you do off the ledge with Pit?
I either do a ledge rar'd Back air, A jump off with an insta-nair(where you press Jump to get back on, then immediately nair), or roll on depending on circumstances. I've also done arrows if they are far away.

What else works well? Is The mirror shield worthwhile if they are up close? How about angel ring. Is WOI ledge stalling a good idea(Press back, Jump, WOI)

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Well you can't really RAR off the edge per say, It is more like pseudo RARing, I Know what you are talking about though, That is good for when they are at higher percents to get them off of you.

A well spaced fair is a good option, cause if you time it right you can grab the ledge again right after.

My most common ledge tactic is drop, jump, uair. Make sure to time the uair so only the blades go above the edge, It has good range and priority so I use it often.

WoI stalling gives you invincibility frames, and can wingshove, I use it more often than I should (wingshoving is so much fun).

AR is good for surprises, as well as the mirror shield but I dont like using it too often. If you figure out how to ART of the edge then that would be really useful.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
that tournement sounds interesting but i dont think i will go.
????

I'm guessing wrong thread. I like the U air idea. That has alot of fun potential to piss people off. What about instantly jumping into a glide? Maybe with a glideshift to drop to near ground level?

Felis

Smash Cadet
IF they play risky and and are close i will come up with a Side B, its quick and pushes them back. or i will stall with arrows and then ledge jump.

Or if i am facing a Marth or someone who definitely out ranges me and is waiting. I will usually fly to the other side (if i can) or fly half way then come back just to mix things up.

Hope that helps.

-Felis

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Or if i am facing a Marth or someone who definitely out ranges me and is waiting.
Uair trick Owns all marfus in waiting. Beats both Fsmash and Dtilt, then from there you can arrow them to push them back farther, Annoys my friend everytime.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i find AR pretty useful if they are close and are planning to powershield your attack or if they are gonna hit you with a projectile up close

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sometimes i move back to aim an arrow and get back on the ledge. Other methods is the B-air thing. Similar to the arrow, I go back to perform a gliding attack. I mix it up so the opponent will have a hard time thinking on what I'm going to be doing.
Most recent way I was told is the ART from the ledge.

Top Bottom