• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's F-smash with a HORIZONAL knock back?

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone here knows that Pit’s F-smash knocks others back at a 45 degree angle (give or take). That is what usually happens, but I had few experiences where the F-smash knocked people back horizontally (10 degree angle) and I don’t think is the result of bad DI. I was wondering the cause of this alternative directional knock back besides DI down. I have few guess, but none of them are very solid, so I was wondering if any1 here have the answer.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the tip of the f-smash hits them horizontal. But i'd say its that and your opponent didnt DI up (not that he DI wrong, but prolly missed the DI)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, not to go against what you are saying at all, but it sounds to me that they just smash DI'ed it.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I know they will go horizontally while DI downward, but my opponent swear he didn't DI down. I was wondering in certain part of Pit's hitbox have horizontal knock back, like the tipper

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Yeah i think the tipper does that. Its happend to me a couple times too especially when they are shielding and the first hit of the f-smash ruins the shield a bit so the 2nd part hits them.

Top Bottom