• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit to be voiced by Antony del Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That was to be expected anyway. The actor himself as stated he would reprise the role too, but I'm not sure if it is true.

Well, it's still good, considering Pit's voice in Uprising is better than his Brawl one.

Here's hoping that, if he returns, Pokémon Trainer has Red's voice from Pokémon Origins...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
awesome, I loved his KI:U voice.

Now if only he could spill the beans..... heh. yeah I expect ninty to keep him tight lipped.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A confirmation was all I need. It just isn't the same if Pit was voiced by someone else. After all, Sakurai did say that on the Developer Direct when he was talking but Pit that he was the Kid Icarus Uprising version now, so that itself would imply that Antony Del Rio would voice him again. Much times better than the repulsive Brawl voice.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After all, Sakurai did say that on the Developer Direct when he was talking but Pit that he was the Kid Icarus Uprising version now, so that itself would imply that Antony Del Rio would voice him again.
Well... Not exactly. In the Japanese version, Pit is voiced by the same VA (Minami Takayama) in Brawl and Uprising. I doubt Sakurai would have any involvement in the English localization of the game.

I should also mention that IMDb is not the most reliable of sources, as there's unconfirmed information there too, but I think it's pretty much a given that Pit will keep the same VA from Uprising.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well... Not exactly. In the Japanese version, Pit is voiced by the same VA (Minami Takayama) in Brawl and Uprising. I doubt Sakurai would have any involvement in the English localization of the game.

I should also mention that IMDb is not the most reliable of sources, as there's unconfirmed information there too, but I think it's pretty much a given that Pit will keep the same VA from Uprising.
Now that makes me worry more. I know the JP Pit was the same, but America better not screw up with English Pit. -.-

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now that makes me worry more. I know the JP Pit was the same, but America better not screw up with English Pit. -.-
Nintendo of America tends to keep the same voice actors from the most recent games in Smash, so it's a safe bet that Pit will keep the same VA as Uprising.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
But an offical confirmation isn't released, that Antony Del Rio will be the voice of Pit right?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Thank god. No more

HIYAYAAYAYAAAAAA!!!!
YOU'RE NOT READY YET!!!
THE FIGHT IS ONN!!

It seems shallow, but Pit (and Sonic's) annoying voices kept me from using them in Brawl.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm looking forward to his dialogue on the KIU stages. I hope he converses with Viridi, Palutena, Hades, Magnus, Medusa and several others.

Especially Hades.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
This was literally the only change I desperately wanted for Pit. The changes to the moveset will be interesting, and the FS change looks good (even though I always have them turned off). But I don't play as Pit for his moveset. The voice puts the last piece into the puzzle

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone looked at the IMDB page for the game again recently? I think it's been hacked...

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah, it's definitely him. You can hear Antony very clearly. I'm excited for this!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was so glad to hear Anthony's voice! His Pit is so memorable and awesome! :love:

Actually looking forward to having Pit as one of my mains this time, given the Anthony news, and the fact that watching him in action actually looks really exciting this time around! I really wasn't a fan of his Brawl moveset, or his VA.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
After hearing him some of the videos I'm honestly not that hyped. He's very good for dialogue and based on the Palutena trailer he has codec conversations and they'll be a delight to listen too. But all his grunts sounded odd and out of places, and we're going to hear those far more than codecs most likely.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
IMDB said Ali Hillis was voicing Palutena before she was confirmed or we'd seen her at all. I mean, I think that's the case now.

It also has Adam Howden listed for Shulk (again, also probable) but we technically don't know yet.

And someone as K. Rool, Hades, the FE Avatar (and no Chrom) etc.

Never trust it's info until its confirmed.

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I think listing Tim Phillips' character as "Dante from the Devil may Cry series" is a bit of a giveaway that it's not legit. Also a suspicious number of people playing themselves.

But we've heard Pit talking in Palutena's trailer, so that one's real.

Are we 100% sure about Palutena though? I'm playing through Uprising again at the moment and she sounds really different to me.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I think listing Tim Phillips' character as "Dante from the Devil may Cry series" is a bit of a giveaway that it's not legit. Also a suspicious number of people playing themselves.

But we've heard Pit talking in Palutena's trailer, so that one's real.

Are we 100% sure about Palutena though? I'm playing through Uprising again at the moment and she sounds really different to me.
I think a lot of people are saying it sounds different because there's no echo this time around unlike in KIU.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Never liked his voice from Brawl. It was so irritating compared to del Rio, who did an even better job voicing him in Uprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom