• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Stage Matchup Discussion [Lylat Cruise]

Blinds

Smash Cadet
One of the topics that seems to not be discussed on this board is what stages are good or bad for Pit. Now, with Pit's wonderful recovery, it is harder for Pit to be as gimped by a stage as say Ike is on Frigate Orpheon. But I think that knowing the advantages or disadvantages that any stage provides would be a good resource for many of us Pit mains, especially when thinking about counterpicking stages. So every week, feel free to post your experiences and opinions on the stage currently being discussed.

This week: Lylat Cruise.

Personally, I think Pit will usually have an advantage on this stage. The curvature and tilting of the stage do not impede Pit's arrows as it would other characters. Also, it is really easy to fly under the stage, allowing for quick escapes in a pinch. Finally, the platforms above do not get in the way of arrow looping and are good heights for attacking from below.

What do you guys think?

Coffee™

I need it....
Lylats definitely a decent stage for Pit. It's nice that it can interrupt specific character attacks across the cast due to it's awkward tilting. However, I find it annoying for ledgecamping as the tilting of the stage can sometimes prevent you from regrabbing the edge the same way you might have a few seconds ago and it means you have to focus more on regrabbing as well as controlling the Arrows you fire to make sure you don't send them into the stage.

Overall its a good stage for Pits in general as the tilting of the main platform can help him gimp other characters but its not one of my personal favorites due to my play style encompassing a fair amount of ledgeplay.

Top Bottom