• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit essential techs?

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
what of these techs or others are esential to being a decent pit
short hop
arrow loop
arrow blitz
arrow rain
perfect shielding
shield dashing
wing dashing
wing refresh
wing cancel
reflecting recoveries.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
arrow rain takes a bit too long to set up and is therefore probably one you dont need to get down, but its pretty easy and pretty much comes with being able to loop your arrows so you might as well learn it. people can argue against the need of looping arrows also, but look at UndrDog, he does it beautifully and is godly for it

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
what of these techs or others are esential to being a decent pit
short hop
arrow loop
arrow blitz
arrow rain
perfect shielding
shield dashing
wing dashing
wing refresh
wing cancel
reflecting recoveries.
I don't think the looping tricks can seriously be used in high level play, especially when your opponent is putting proper pressure on you. I mean, you might be able to make an argument for a single arrow loop, but blitzing and raining are just too much set up and accomplish at most 4-8% damage MAXIMUM. There are much better things you could be doing with your time, especially considering every arrow you fire will weaken the next one coming out. After a few rains, arrows will do a piddly 2% damage per hit.

Short hopping, perfect shielding, and Shield dashing are useful for a hell of a lot of characters, but yeah...they are important for Pit as well, probably not more so then any other character who ahs a good one though.

I'll buy the usefulness of wing canceling and wing refresh...those are both pretty darn good situationally, especially the refresh for off the edge chasing, but wing Dashing...I dunno, it's really not that great of a tech really. It's okay, I suppose, but in the time that you've pressed Up+B and controlled not floating to the air and going backwards, you could have just dashed and pivotted, or simply walked to space yourself.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the looping tricks can seriously be used in high level play, especially when your opponent is putting proper pressure on you. I mean, you might be able to make an argument for a single arrow loop, but blitzing and raining are just too much set up and accomplish at most 4-8% damage MAXIMUM. There are much better things you could be doing with your time, especially considering every arrow you fire will weaken the next one coming out. After a few rains, arrows will do a piddly 2% damage per hit.

Short hopping, perfect shielding, and Shield dashing are useful for a hell of a lot of characters, but yeah...they are important for Pit as well, probably not more so then any other character who ahs a good one though.

I'll buy the usefulness of wing canceling and wing refresh...those are both pretty darn good situationally, especially the refresh for off the edge chasing, but wing Dashing...I dunno, it's really not that great of a tech really. It's okay, I suppose, but in the time that you've pressed Up+B and controlled not floating to the air and going backwards, you could have just dashed and pivotted, or simply walked to space yourself.
ok im learning wing dashing right now becuase i belive someone will figure somethhing out to were it becomes like curse me for saying it wave dashing. where its hard to win with out it. although if that happen everyone will start using pit if wing dash gets anywhere near as effective as wave dash. in tourneys all u would see are pits.

Top Bottom