• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit/DP Combo List

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I wanted to make a thread about the combos the Pit Bros have. These are combos that the game considers to be as such, so the number doesn't go back to 1. Think of it like a glossary of some sort. I don’t know every player so if you know some or not. I want to help at least one Pit/DP main. That being said I have to say... there aren't much combos for them, but there are good follow up. Also this is the first list I've made too lol.

PP: Perfect Pivot

SP: Sour Spot

Early/Low Damage (White Numbers)

Hold A… Lol

Dthrow > USmash

Dthrow > Nair

Dthrow > Fair

Dthrow > Uair

Dthrow > Dair

Dthrow > PP UTilt (Swag)

Fthrow > Dash Attack

Fthrow > USmash (Thanks to Xacer)

Note: This actually works with all characters (not just Ness) as a true combo, but you need to know that this needs you to have momentum so there is no time to pummel.

BThrow > Dash Attack > USmash or Regrab DThrow > UAir

FThrow > Dair > Utilt

Grab > Pummel x2 > BThrow > Dair > Utilt

These two combos above this comment require the opponent to not tech roll, but needs to miss the tech. (Like the kill combo Dair into USmash)

SP.Bair > Pivot DSmash

Nair > Usmash (Thanks Red Pittoo)

DP Special: Side B > Side B This works on the heavy characters and players that don’t DI correctly.

Note: Most of these Lower damage combos do not work on lighter characters (Dthrow into swag PP UTilt). While characters like Sheik and Fox are lighter these combos work on them due to the fast fall.

Mid Damage (Yellow Numbers)

Hold A

Dthrow > Nair

Dthrow > Fair

Dthrow > Uair

SP.Bair > USmash

SP.Bair > Grab > DThrow > Uair

SP.Dair > Uair

SP.Dair > SP.Dair > Uair (this is a wonderful 30% on someone)

Note: In order to do the midair combos I had to switch my L button to jump. I use this for other characters myself so I do use this on the regular and not just Pit.

High Damage/Killing Time (Red Numbers)

Dair > USmash

This is a good creative mix up to get the kill. Unlike the next two, this one is more practical. I do this often both online and local.

SP. DAir > Sweet Spot Bair

Dair > Side B

Ok here is the thing… Normal Pit can kill a lot better with this, but DP can kill if you are by the edge.

Dair > Dair > Dair > Bair

You are doing this because you want style points. Not kidding though this can work, but that person probably doesn’t know how to tech… at all.

Note: I know this can be easily done with Fthrow, but these are what I found to be good mix ups to get this.

Well, I would end it here, but I have something else to talk about. The Pit Bros have Uair… you know this, but I have no clue if anyone knew about falling Uair. Doing the Falling Uair you will make the enemy shoot up. Depending on the character you do it on, they will have a set knockup even at 999%. You must be above the enemy and fast fall on them. If you mess this up the enemy will side in front or behind you. I don't know if you can do anything with this, but I guess you can see for yourselves. Sometimes you can get a combo up smash out of it and sometimes you can get a good pivot grab into a throw of your choice. This was too character specific for me to bother (yea I'm lazy :/).

Tech Combos
This Tech > Usmash
This Tech > Pivot Grab
DThrow > Short Hop Tech > USmash (Seriously to me this is hard to do and I don't know if this would worth doing in matches.)

So if you have any other combos please say so. Remember not follow ups, true combos. This was something I whipped up over night I could find more or naw. I don't know, I can't tell the future. I want to help the Pit/DP meta. I want them to be OP, but not nerfed lol.

Edit (8/25/2015): Added Sliverwolf's and Added another one I found. Also showing updates by dates... best idea ever. I also feel as though I need to clean this thing up and make it look better, I'll think about it.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Fthrow can also lead into usmash on some characters if they DI up e.g Ness.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
How exactly does Dair -> USmash work? I've managed to get it a couple of times, but never consistently. Half of the time they end up in perfect upsmash range, and half of the time they fly significantly higher than that. Is it because I'm hitting the dair with the sour spot?

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
How exactly does Dair -> USmash work? I've managed to get it a couple of times, but never consistently. Half of the time they end up in perfect upsmash range, and half of the time they fly significantly higher than that. Is it because I'm hitting the dair with the sour spot?
It has to be the dair spike in order to be a 'true combo' into usmash, because every other spot in the dair knocks them into the air and that knockback will be dependent on their percent. So sour spot dair can be followed up by usmash, but only at low/mid-low percents.

But remember that even the dair spike -> usmash requires that they miss the tech on the dair, so it isn't a true combo in that regard. But a lot of people don't expect the dair spike since the hitbox on it is so damned tiny, so that means a lot of missed techs when it does land, and some very satisfying KOs.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
It has to be the dair spike in order to be a 'true combo' into usmash, because every other spot in the dair knocks them into the air and that knockback will be dependent on their percent. So sour spot dair can be followed up by usmash, but only at low/mid-low percents.

But remember that even the dair spike -> usmash requires that they miss the tech on the dair, so it isn't a true combo in that regard. But a lot of people don't expect the dair spike since the hitbox on it is so damned tiny, so that means a lot of missed techs when it does land, and some very satisfying KOs.
Thanks for explaining man, maybe I should explain it in the post. Anyway yea he is right, but also keep in mind even at some point the percent and/or rage is too great for this to work. So at that point a rising (yes with the sweet point) dair to side b as Pit can be better. Or one can stop being fancy and just Fthrow to kill.

I wish I could record the falling Uair thing because I feel I don't do well explaining what stuff looks like.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I've been using that a lot myself, but I haven't really updated the thanks for da help I will add dis!
Alot of pits aerials can true combo into other things if you fast fall auto cancel them. e.g with nair > fsmash it true combos alot easier if you fast fall (but stil auto cancel) the nair. you can do nair to fair, bair to usmash, fair to.....well you get the point.

Last edited:

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Alot of pits aerials can true combo into other things if you fast fall auto cancel them. e.g with nair > fsmash it true combos alot easier if you fast fall (but stil auto cancel) the nair. you can do nair to fair, bair to usmash, fair to.....well you get the point.
Lol yea I get it. It seems a lot of those combos are DI dependent. Kind of makes me want to make a requirement part to this thread.

Example:
SP.Dair > SP.Dair > Uair
DI: None

That might be a ton of work though. I'm thinking I want to clean up list and make it more visual. Not sure if I want ot that either...

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Lol yea I get it. It seems a lot of those combos are DI dependent. Kind of makes me want to make a requirement part to this thread.

Example:
SP.Dair > SP.Dair > Uair
DI: None

That might be a ton of work though. I'm thinking I want to clean up list and make it more visual. Not sure if I want ot that either...
Well DI really affects alot of pit's combos even the dair > dair one. It's just s matter of following your opponents di and using the right move.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Well DI really affects alot of pit's combos even the dair > dair one. It's just s matter of following your opponents di and using the right move.
[It's too late for me to think Johns] I would depending on what they do, I guess it would be something to do in my free time adding more stuff to the thread. Also the "DI: None" if they don't DI at all, probably should have made that clear... whatever... I'm pickin' up, what you are puttin' down.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Not sure if this is a combo or me just doing an Indy Ploy, but non-sweetspot dair (or at least the part that knocks the opponent up) -> sweetspot bair seems to work as a decent kill combo.
It's a true combo, idk what an Indy Ploy is but I don't think you are doing one :p

Last edited:

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is a combo or me just doing an Indy Ploy, but non-sweetspot dair (or at least the part that knocks the opponent up) -> sweetspot bair seems to work as a decent kill combo.
It's a true combo, idk what an Indy Ploy is but I don't think you are doing one :p
I added the combo. I'm very happy others are at least keeping the thread active by submitting what they find. I still feel like I need to make a video on that Pit tech because others may be visual people (Still happy I found out about that).

WEEGEEplus1

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2398-7575-3158
BThrow > Dash Attack > USmash or Regrab DThrow > UAir (instead of Uair I prefer Usmash)

And

Dair > Dair > Dair > Bair

Are now two of my favorite combos. Thanks alot.

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Va9GvzFaCZnF4xtyGPScFFJ9gEGaTO-xZDELbBJLe7Y/edit#

Here's a lot of combos, strings, and setups that've I found in my spare time listed in the appropriate sections. One of my personal favorite combos at low percents against floaties is Fthrow > Fair > USmash. Can true combo if you fastfall Fair and autocancel as fast as possible. You have to be almost perfect, but it's a nice way to rack up 31% off a grab. Works up until around 20% I believe.

For characters with a fast aerial like Luigi, if spaced correctly, USmash will catch him, but it may trade if not. If you don't want to risk it, after the Fair, you can attack him from a distance with another Fair, Bair, or even run underneath him and Pivot Grab. If you choose to use aerials, just keep doing SHFF Fairs to create a Wall of Pain situation (We Sheik now?) where he has to either waste his DJ to get out, or Airdodge to fall through the Fair/Bairs. If he jumps out, you can catch his landing due to how floaty he is and how Pit is amazing at doing that, and if he airdodges, you can fastfall to autocancel your aerial, and punish his airdodge landing lag with a Grab or Dash Attack.

Another favorite of mine is when you're on ledge. If they commit to a move, Ledge Drop > DJ Fair. The Fair will autocancel if timed correctly (as will Nair and Bair), and depending on their percent, you can either confirm into a Grab or Dash Attack. Ledge Drop > DJ Bair is also an option, which I believe is optimal once Fair can't combo into Grab or Dash Attack anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom