• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit / Dark Pit's Custom arrow 3 (Guiding Bow). Guiding your way to victory! (Video)

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Hey! I recently made an analysis of Pits Custom Guiding Bow!

Check it out!?! here i show you the pros and cons to the special. Discuss below. If you enjoyed , subscribe. It would be appreciated (my goal is to get 100 Subs by the end of this month!). What custom should i do next in general?!
Hope you enjoyed!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hey! I recently made an analysis of Pits Custom Guiding Bow!

Check it out!?! here i show you the pros and cons to the special. Discuss below. If you enjoyed , subscribe. It would be appreciated (my goal is to get 100 Subs by the end of this month!). What custom should i do next in general?!
Hope you enjoyed!
I don't really have a recommendation for the next thing to cover, but it would be nice if you kept this one thread for all your custom analysis.

waddicto

Smash Rookie
NNID
waddicto
I've never seen much use for N3 till now. What perks my curiosity is how the Guiding arrow has more kill power even though it has less hitstun. Did I miss something earlier in the video?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've never seen much use for N3 till now. What perks my curiosity is how the Guiding arrow has more kill power even though it has less hitstun. Did I miss something earlier in the video?
the video stated guiding arrows launch more → then ↗ causing the arrows to push opponents into the blast zone better should they be offstage. I figure I would check just in case and the move's actual angle is the Sakurai angle (the standard is a 40° angle), which is really weird I've never seen a move with such low knock back use the sakurai angle. One thing it did not mention is guiding arrows have more base knockback, but that's hard to tell with them having less base damage

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Yep. Because im sure ive got arrow shots from areas like so that didnt kill. But these seem to push them into the blastzone more ^^

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
This is a great video. However, I would love to see a video of it being used in real situations. We should expect players to rush an attack while we're guiding our arrows because they know we'll grab them if they sit in shield. How can we use the knowledge that guiding arrows forces an approach to our advantage?

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Its not like they will hit 100%. But they will apply pressure for sure

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yep, I knew this custom would have potential. It's amazing, all the artistic things you can do with it. Not only can you use it a much easier and more effective arrow rain from brawl (only with one arrow though) but the added pressure and blast zone push is phenomenal.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Yep, I knew this custom would have potential. It's amazing, all the artistic things you can do with it. Not only can you use it a much easier and more effective arrow rain from brawl (only with one arrow though) but the added pressure and blast zone push is phenomenal.
Glad you liked it. For me i just cant get used to the analog movement loool. Its hard to be precise and kinda hard to control but i think thats just me being used to custom arrow 1. I would get vs player footage but i cba using them Loooool

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I would to get used to this but I'm afraid I may lose my control of arrow 1

Makorel

Smash Apprentice
Good video, but I would have liked to have seen some demonstration of stuff you can do out of releasing the arrow at the top of a jump so when you land you don't have any landing lag.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Good video, but I would have liked to have seen some demonstration of stuff you can do out of releasing the arrow at the top of a jump so when you land you don't have any landing lag.
I left that out on purpose. IF you test it your self and try to do the back hit arrow from a full hop. as the arrow hits or such you have lag while landing and you cant move for some time ^^' That is why its not in the video.

Makorel

Smash Apprentice
I left that out on purpose. IF you test it your self and try to do the back hit arrow from a full hop. as the arrow hits or such you have lag while landing and you cant move for some time ^^' That is why its not in the video.
I'm honestly not getting this. I'm testing this right now and I tap the B button immediately after I press the jump button, my arrow fires, and the second I hit the ground I can do whatever I want, hit or no hit. The only landing lag I'm getting is when I'm too early and accidentally do an aerial before I hit the ground.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I'm honestly not getting this. I'm testing this right now and I tap the B button immediately after I press the jump button, my arrow fires, and the second I hit the ground I can do whatever I want, hit or no hit. The only landing lag I'm getting is when I'm too early and accidentally do an aerial before I hit the ground.
Spinning or just a normal shot. if spinning , there is 100% a freeze moment and ive tested it many times.

Makorel

Smash Apprentice
yeah I can spin the arrow around and fsmash or dtilt or run or whatever when I hit the ground. Pit fires the arrow and then before he hits the ground he goes back to his neutral fall state so he hits the ground in neutral too. You can even do another jump before he hits the ground after you fire your arrow.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
yeah I can spin the arrow around and fsmash or dtilt or run or whatever when I hit the ground. Pit fires the arrow and then before he hits the ground he goes back to his neutral fall state so he hits the ground in neutral too. You can even do another jump before he hits the ground after you fire your arrow.
This 100% does not work. This MIGHT work but not to the extent of being so fast for a fsmash if you let it hit straight away. You know why this dont work. I just tested it and this is what ive found; Because of the arrows duration, The set time before pit can move is longer then just a short hop and a full hop. Even if you hit the arrow, You still have ending frames just like the normal bow. Another point is, There is not enough time to loop it and hit them before you land, even with a full hop. Idk what you are doing but its not legit.

Last edited:

Makorel

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what you're doing either. The thing I'm doing is working every time so the only conclusion I can draw is that we're talking about two different things.

Top Bottom