• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit CQC Options

Preferred option in CQC?

• Down tilt

• Grab

• Jab

• Down smash

• Neutral air

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Almost all of the "top tiers" have an easy option for close quarters, as for Pit, there really aren't any, especially if your opponent is using a character with a frame 1-4 tilt, jab, or aerial, which in the top 15 its very likely. Half the time I'm stuck using down smash for most of my hits because it comes out fast, it covers the roll, along with not much end lag, depending on the height of your opponents character neutral air becomes questionable, and I know for a fact none of you are even considering upperdash arm, in my opinion standing grab, jab, and down smash are the safest options, but as for out of shield, neutral air becomes GDLK.

• Neutral air - frame 4/5:GCY:+:GCA:
  • Down smash - frame 5/6:GCCD:
  • Jab - frame 5/6:GCA:
  • Down tilt - frame 6/7:GCD:+:GCA:
  • Standing grab - frame 6/7:GCZ:
  • Upperdash arm - frame 11:GCL:/:GCR:+:GCB:
I think Pits only issue for me is not having a frame 1-4 jab, tilt, or aerial with little to no lag.

Frame data:
:4pit:

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Pit

What option/s do you use, and why?

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It depends on how close my opponent is and what kind of setup I'm going for.

I usually just go for f-air, b-air or f-tilt to space them out in neutral.

Jab if they're right next to me, since it's good for grab setups and catching the spotdodge.

D-smash if I read the roll.

D-tilt as a mixup to get them into the air.

If they're right on top of me, OOS n-air or d-air.

Upperdash Arm if all else fails.

If possible, grab, because damn Pit's grab is fiiiine~

He's got decent CQC options in my opinion.

It's about picking the best option in that context and going with it.

Last edited:

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Nost of the time, I just go for the jab. I might SOMETIMES go for the grab, but I don't pul it off as well as I should. I have a bad habit of rolling away from them and going in with a dash attack, and that's not very safe. I use Nairs a lot as well.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Uh, Upperdash isn't a frame 2 attack... First the detector has to start, which is frame 17. First frame it'll actually hit would be 19. Although, the SA is probably what you should be looking at, which starts on 11.

Yeah, not having a frame 4 move on the ground sucks, but I don't think I've ever lost a match over it. His standing grab may be short ranged, but it's one of the fastest grabs considering it's frame 6. (Pretty sure it's actually tied for fastest grab in startup, endlag I'm not so sure.) And with jab and Dsmash coming in at frame 5 it's pretty manageable.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
D throw into running up smash is a personal favorite of mine. I like short hop nairs too. Upper dash is better for punishing predictable stuff like flare blade

S0RBET

Smash Rookie
Johnson City, Tn. (sometimes south texas rgv)
i honestly feel like Pit has all of the options. Even without a frame 4 jab i feel like he has one of the best neutrals in the game. Going in and fading out with hairs, spaying and autocanceling fairs, rapid jab or jab cancel>grab on shield. and stilt and ftilt work against people that are slightly farther away. The downsmash is very spammable and can even bait into itself. I don't feel that pit has a problem up close. And when he's being over whelmed, upper dash arm is a great momentum stopper and immediately puts you in an advantageous position.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I usually alternate between Nairs and grabs, Dtilt's a nice poke to throw out and is decent a nice move for coverage upon landing after short hop aerials, and Dsmash is pretty good for roll happy opponents. I'll occasionally throw out jab 1 into grab.

Top Bottom