• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit and the Landmaster

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Actually I never managed really to escape from that tanks. Sure, you can camp at one spot in the air where the landmaster will not reach you - until you have to get back to recover somewhere. The last time I've played at Final Destination I've found something interesting (or maybe not). An edge-grabing pit cannot be killed so easily. The last two Landmaster player wanted to kill me of via falling down and saving their *****. But due one weird bug (?) I was pushed not down but to the construction of the stage and they were both not be able to lift their final smashes and went down.

Has someone such similar experience? Or is that something well-known about the Landmasters?

Grump

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is something well known abotu landmasters, but I do know of a good way to counter them!

Grab onto the ledge, wait for them to approach, then let go, SLOWLY glide to the other end of the course (going under the terrain), then use your Up B. Stall there, and then with the right timing, grab onto the ledge that you've made your way to. With proper timing, you should be able to just barely make contact and let go again, doing the same thing until their smash runs out.

Note: I only came out with this strategy a few seconds ago, I've yet to test it.

Top Bottom