• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pirates of the Carribean 3 *BIG @$$ SPOILERS!*

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
[/SIZE]Ok, for everybody who doesn't want to get spoiled (why the heck did you open this link actually then?) TURN AWAY NOW! I'm not gonna use spoiler tags because I would have to censore this whole post then.

Allright, for all of you who still read: I will post all the information here about Pirates of the Carribean 3, from rumors to confirmed stuff.

EDIT: I found some information about the music and also found some rumors. Just scroll through the post to find them.

Information:

First of all, the title. A Disney representative denied that At World's End would be the title of the third film in July 2006, but on August 31 (w00t, my birthday^^) 2006, Terry Rossio confirmed that, after all, the third film's title would be At Worlds End. The official teaser poster revealed that the title would have an apostrophe, i.e. At World's End.

This is the teaser poster:

Notice the Chinese marks. As you can see, the release date was not yet on this poster. It only says Memorial Day, 2007; nothing special. However, there has been another picture released where we see 2 new things. This is the picture were I'm talking about:

From left to right: Hector Barbossa - Will Turner - Jack Sparrow - Elizabeth Swann - Sao Feng.
The first thing: in the right lower corner of the picture, you see May 25. So, we can expect the release date to be May 25.
The second thing: Sao Feng is a new character, played by Chow Yun-Fat. He seems to be the Pirate Lord of Singapore. His ship is called The Empress.

About the story: There isn't much revealed about it yet, but here is what we do know.
Tia Dalma is going to help the crew of the Black Pearl to rescue Jack.
Jack and Barbossa will team up with Sao Feng after that. However, WorstPreviews.com says that Sao Feng will make an alliance with Beckett (I'll talk about this later).
James Norrington made promotion because he delivered Davy Jones' heart to Beckett and is now an Admiral. He, Beckett (probally Sao Feng too) and Davy Jones (which is now controlled by Beckett because Beckett has the heart) will try to defeat Jack and Barbossa.

EDIT: DOWNLOADABLE SCRIPT!
Ensee has posted a topic with the 1th 56 pages of the script! With his permission, I present you the downloadable version of it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/12588811/PotC_3_56_script_pages.txt.html
Massive thanks to Ensee for this!

The rest of the story is yet unknown, however Gore Verbinski, the director, said this: Piracy itself is at stake. It's like the railroad coming to the West. There will be a conference of the world's pirate leaders and a treacherous journey to the literal 'World's End'. That's all we know right now.

About the music:
It will, again, be composed by Hans Zimmer. The first movie was composed by Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer, however Hans wasn't mentioned in the credits. However, he also made the music for movie 2 and now comes back in movie 3.

More pics:

This is not a shot of the movie, however we see a new face here. The most right guy is Captain Grand Sparrow, played by Keith Richards. Grand is Jack's father.

Sao Feng, Barbossa and Jack with (probally) Sao Feng's crew.

Sao. This picture of him is the same one as on the picture with the other 4 'good guys' (Barbossa, Will, Jack and Elizabeth)

Barbossa and his monkey.

Jack. Same thing for this picture as what I said for Sao's.

Elizabeth and her new outfit with a Chinese/Japanese style (I love this picture).

Will.

Clip analyzation:

A WorstPreview clip has been released with some interesting stuff on it
WorstPreview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVw3FiB_4DE&NR

About the WorstPreview clip:
Elizabeth has her new outfit.
You can also see (however shortly) that Jack and his crew run over the deck of a ship (probally the Black Pearl), rocking the ship (like a rocking chair, not a rock star). This has been shown earlier at the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con International. In that same trailer (which I can't find just yet).
In that same clip from San Diego, there has also been a part where you could see Jack fighting with Davy Jones on top of a crow's nest in a storm and a huge swordfight featuring Jack and Barbossa (not against each other though).
At the end of the WorstPreview clip, you see something that interests me even more. You see Jack on the Black Pearl with a lot of crewmen around him. He then says: Did no one come to save me just because they missed me? I'll cover this later.

NOTE: There was a teaser trailer here, however, thanks to lightsaberboy for letting me know, this was a fan-made one, so it didn't containt any PotC3 footage.

Rumors:

- After it was confirmed that there would come a third movie, people immediately started wondering if there would be a 4th movie too. Johnny Depp has said that he wouldn't mind another movie, however Keira Knightley said that this would be her last episode. She wants to play in different movies since she plays Elizabeth ever since her 17th.

- Actually, this is not a real rumor but I do place it here. The Dutch version of Wikipedia says that the first 57 pages of the 3th movie script were on the internet for quite a while. This actually confirms that the script (where I posted the link to) is real. However, I wonder what happened with page 57 then in Ensee's topic...

My thoughts and guesses:
So, we have all this information. Know it's time to fuse everything and figure out what will happen in this 3th movie.

First of all, the medaillon of Davy Jones. You may have seen it in movie 2 when Jack stole the key of the Dead Man's Chest from Jones. The medaillon has been shown in the teaser trailer too. And the most important thing: Tia Dalma has one too. When Jack and his crew pay a visit to Tia Dalma in the first movie, Jack steals something from the table while Tia Dalma looks for the jar of dirt. You then see the medaillon. It looks smaller, but it definitely has the same image on it. Remember that Davy Jones cut his heart out because he loved someone? Remember that I said that Tia joins the Black Pearl crew to find Jack? It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Tia Dalma is Davy's lover.

Also, I am curious what will happen with the relationship of Will and Elizabeth. When Elizabeth kissed Jack at the end of movie 2, trapping him, Will saw what happened and looked very pissed at Elizabeth when she stepped into the boat. But when they were at Tia Dalma's place, he actually tried to cheer her up. Will Will (haha) forgive her or will he keep his distance from her? And what about Jack and Elizabeth? Will he forgive her that she trapped him on the ship, resulting in Jack getting eaten by the Kraken? Or will he also keep his distance? And for which of the 2 will Elizabeth go? Her fiancee or (according to the compass) the person she wants the most in this world?

And there is Sao Feng. According to the above pics, he has an alliance with Jack and Barbossa. But WorstPreviews said that Sao Feng is actually an enemy who sides with Beckett, Norrington and Davy Jones.
If WorstPreviews speaks the truth, then how did Elizabeth get her new costume? It looks like something that would come straight out of Singapore. And isn't Sao Feng coming from Singapore? On the other hand, Sao is a Pirate Lord, which doesn't have to mean that he is the boss of everything in Singapore, maybe just the pirates. But maybe Singapore is the biggest pirate port of the east, just like Tortuga?

With Sao Feng in it, the Chinese/Japanese dress of Elizabeth, the Chinese marks on the teaser poster and the Chinese/Japanese drawings in the teaser trailer, I think this movie is taking place in the far east a lot. This made me think of something. The term At World's End must mean that Jack and his crew go to the end of the world. And isn't it so that the European people believed that the world was flat, not round? This would give the world 4 ends: The North Pole, The South Pole, America and Asia. Seeing as this points out that the movie will take part in and around Singapore, I guess that the far east is being considered 'The End of the World'.

Thanks for reading all of this. I'll keep you up to date if I find some new information or if I got some new ideas.

And btw, I know that there is another topic about this. But seeing that it is over 4 months old and there were only 3 posts in it, I thought it would be better to create a new topic than bumping the old one.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
Wow, it looks pretty good. And it probably will take place out in the East, Imean look at the soldiers in the fourth image.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
It sounds cool, but I hate the idea of having Jack's father in. Personally I thought the actor who played Will's father was hardly passable, and I think I'll feel the same for Jack. Plus having two characters that you KNOW will be similar could kill the appeal of Jack's character.

None the less this should still be a badass movie. I'm a big fan.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Ensee, I hope you don't mind that I posted the link from your topic in the first post? Everybody can then check it.
I'll cover everything about the script as soon as possible.

F8X

Smash Ace
I already did. It doesn't make a difference how old a topic is.
Why are you upset?, Someone makes a great post with lots of information, that is very informative for both people new to the movies and long time fans of a great movie(which I'm assuming you like).There is information in this post and Kujirudo looks like he will update it constantly.
Topics should not be about claiming an idea or topic, they should be about talking and posting about a subject.
And don't go into topics saying "use the search function". I find it very weird that you have over 800 posts and yet you post a very rude and immature response because quit literally your topic was a failure. Lots of information was released about the movie and you did not update it? If your taking such a stance on your topic maybe you should have updated it and posted new information about the movie and the press releases.

If you want people to see you excellent post on the third movie they can see your very in-depth topic about the upcoming movie.

OK, so a lot of you guys critisized my Pirates Numero 2 topic, so no mistakes this time. This thread is strictly for speculation and, when the time comes, for discussion on the movie itself. The title of the third Pirates installment was confirmed to be At World's End by cowriter Terry Russio (spelling?) on August 31, 2006. Feel free to post your thought on the title, what the storyline will be, and maybe a few spoilers if you can find 'em.
Kujirudo on the other hand posted a plethora of information, including pictures(both press releases and leaked pictures such as the Keith Richards picture), story information, and both trailers on Youtube with an analysis of each trailer. Not only is all of this information in one post but its well written.

Pit 42 maybe you should enjoy the topic instead of trying to gain from it.

Also one last thing, If its alright with Ensee I would like to see his post either quoted or edited into Kujirudo post, no point in having two good/informative posts about the same movie now is there...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Also one last thing, If its alright with Ensee I would like to see his post either quoted or edited into Kujirudo post, no point in having two good/informative posts about the same movie now is there...

Well, I thought about that but I don't know if you read that post. It's HUGE. Maybe make it a Word document and attach it to my post? That's possible right? What do you think, Ensee?

I still haven't read the complete script though. I'll try to do it asap but I'm really busy at the moment.

EDIT: I found some new information about the music and also found some rumors. Also, I made the topic a bit less confusing by changing the lay-out. I gotta go and eat now, but I'll try to finish the lay-out tonight to make it look as good as possible.

Ensee

Smash Ace
Yeah that would be cool, I guess just put the script on this page where people can download it. Just make sure they'll see that they can download the thing, make the text large or something that says DOWNLOAD SCRIPT HERE. But yeah, I don't mind you doing that so go ahead.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Why are you upset?, Someone makes a great post with lots of information, that is very informative for both people new to the movies and long time fans of a great movie(which I'm assuming you like).There is information in this post and Kujirudo looks like he will update it constantly.
Topics should not be about claiming an idea or topic, they should be about talking and posting about a subject.
And don't go into topics saying "use the search function". I find it very weird that you have over 800 posts and yet you post a very rude and immature response because quit literally your topic was a failure. Lots of information was released about the movie and you did not update it? If your taking such a stance on your topic maybe you should have updated it and posted new information about the movie and the press releases.

If you want people to see you excellent post on the third movie they can see your very in-depth topic about the upcoming movie.

Kujirudo on the other hand posted a plethora of information, including pictures(both press releases and leaked pictures such as the Keith Richards picture), story information, and both trailers on Youtube with an analysis of each trailer. Not only is all of this information in one post but its well written.

Pit 42 maybe you should enjoy the topic instead of trying to gain from it.

It's not my fault nobody reads the rules anymore. Obviously I'm the only one who's being mature here, not you.

And who says just because I start a topic, doesn't mean I'm trying to gain from it. I would think even someone like YOU would know that.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
why are you overanalyzing the teaser trailer on youtube? You DO know it's a fanmade teaser and is not a real teaser for the movie right? You can tell with the editing, plus the user clearly states that it is fake and what movies he took the clips from to make it.

F8X

Smash Ace
why are you overanalyzing the teaser trailer on youtube? You DO know it's a fanmade teaser and is not a real teaser for the movie right? You can tell with the editing, plus the user clearly states that it is fake and what movies he took the clips from to make it.
Wow, I just re-watched and I see it, thanks for pointing that out, I can't believe I did not notice that:mad:. Anyway at least there's still the other video anyway....:( (How can they have a May opening and not have a teaser out?:confused: ) I mean publicity is good right?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I thank you from the deepest part of my heart. Seriously, I didn't even read what the guy posted. I only saw the green 'The following preview has been approved for all audiences' thing. And since that is almost on all trailers, I thought it was real.
I deleted the fake teaser and posted a note that it was fake.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for the lack of updating, school has kept me busy and I totally forgot about this topic. I have to work now, but after that I'll try to find some new stuff on the net.

Top Bottom