• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pills

Blade1125

Smash Rookie
What do Doc Mario players think and feel when using them pills. Should I feel like a terrible person if I get really spammy using it for the opponent to approach me?

I love using the pills because of how easy damage racks up. Also I love using the pills because it forces the opponent to approach me unless they have a better projectile in which I would of course have to approach them. Often times I would get notifications in FG being called a spammer. Just wondering what everyones though is.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
That's basically their entire point. Same with really any fast low-knockback projectile, like lasers, Star Bits, fireballs, and the like.

If you aren't using Megavitamins to rack up chip damage and force approaches, that's not good.

But, I also love using pills to extend combos and, more likely, destroy certain characters off stage, like Ness, falcon, or another Doc.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
What do Doc Mario players think and feel when using them pills. Should I feel like a terrible person if I get really spammy using it for the opponent to approach me?

I love using the pills because of how easy damage racks up. Also I love using the pills because it forces the opponent to approach me unless they have a better projectile in which I would of course have to approach them. Often times I would get notifications in FG being called a spammer. Just wondering what everyones though is.
Play to win. If they cannot get past your zoning, keep doing it until it stops working. Nothing to feel bad about.

Having said that, pills are whatever in this game. Slighty better than Fireball due to the variable trajectories, but not that great. The opponent can just shield them or walk under them, so you should watch what they are doing after you throw a pill.

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
If you're high enough when you shoot the pill, you can usually get a dsmash or grab from it.

waterfall6464

Smash Cadet
Pills are what makes a lot of matchups bearable IMO.
Mix things up with fullhop pills, shorthop pills, retreating, advancing and standing ones. A lot of people respect pills probably more than they should, and in my experience they stop aggressive players dead in their tracks. Pills are good for edgeuarding low recoveries and covering your descent to the stage/ledge.
So you shouldn't be afraid of spamming them, I sure do. Doc needs all the tools he can get, and pills are the main workaround his mobility and range weaknesses.

JayX

Smash Rookie
the pills are different colors

Last edited:
Top Bottom