• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin vs. Metaknight (aka. the vegetable dicer)

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Ok, you expert Metaknight Mainers... lay it out for me. HOW DO YOU BEAT METAKNIGHT?! I just lost like 5 matches in a row to him. That stupid Up smash is ridiculous, he just runs around the stage and juggles you like crazy.

No time whatsoever for plucking...

Please... Help......

:(:(

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
lmao you don't. metaknight > olimar. the vids i've seen of olimar actually beating metaknight, were very close and i was surprised he won (not including vids where one player was clearly better)

trust me, i main olimar and the second i realized how well he kills pikmin i tried to think of so many different ideas to combat him but nothing really works well. throwing them works the least though, so i recommend just throwing white and blue pikmin only, because blue have the best chance of surviving and white just because they can do a lot of dmg for 1 attack, ( expect them to die) and the worst bonuses when attacking. focus on using the disjointed hit box a lot more than you'd want to with other characters. avoid getting ***** by aerials. try to use Up-B when ever possible.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
MetaKnight is probably Olimar's worst match-up from what I've seen. Olimar's main weakness is his recovery, and that means MetaKnight can keep him out off the stage and edgehog for an easy win.

Lack of plucking time should not be an issue. You can pluck a full horde of Pikmin in about a second. It's using them that's the problem. He can deflect thrown Pikmin just by spamming A.

So, basically, you have to play it safe against MetaKnight. Don't get off the edge because there's no way he'll let you back on. Stay in the middle and trade hits; Olimar's heavier than he looks, while MetaKnight gets blasted around easily. If you stay in the middle, the best kills are upwards, and Olimar's much better at ceiling KOs than MetaKnight.

Also, stay grounded. MK's air game is lethal (Olimar's is too, of course, but he just can't compare to MetaKnight in that respect). More to the point, on the ground you can get grabs in, and Olimar's uber-long-range grab is one of his best aspects. Back-throws against MK send him flying even at 60%.

Top Bottom