• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Squad

Vinceatorix

Smash Rookie
I'm probably going to be flamed into little, tiny chunks of my former self, but, here goes!

I have a series of questions that have probably been asked hundreds of times(I searched:ohwell:) regarding the Pikmin:

#1: How much health does each Pikmin have?
#1-1: Does it go by a stamina basis, knockback basis, or must they be KO'd like a regular character?
#1-2: Can the damage points received while off screen kill them?
#1-3: Can they be, say, grabbed and thrown, or Falcon/Gannondorf Up-B'd like a regular character?
#1-4: How much knock back does it take to get them off of you?(Comparable Melee move, please.)

#2: If Olimar is KO'd, will they be as well?
#2-1: Or will they stay on the ground in a stage like, say, Subcon?

#3: Do purple pikmin stun enemies around them when they land, like in the game?

#4: Can pikmin edgegrab? (Probably not...)

#5: Will they try to save themselves(jumping from Poke Float to Float?)?
#5-1: Can they pick up items?
#5-2: Can they defend themselves if attacked?
#5-3: Will they automatically attack enemies in a certain area if idle(idle state, not still), or do they become items until you reclaim them?

Finally...

#6: If it's not too much trouble, some damage ratios per hit for each color?(That'll take a while...)

Anyway, thanks, if this doesn't get closed immediately for repeating answered questions. I wouldn't be surprised, I can't use the search things AT ALL. But, I digress. Happy hunting, people who already have Brawl.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
In response to 2, I've seen in several videos that when Olimar dies, they all die. As for numbers per Pikmin, I think someone recently posted something similar in this section.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
#1: There is info on this somewhere else but it is a crucial aspect to Olimar. His pikmin cannot be attacked UNLESS HE THROWS THEM. When he throws his pikmin they become vulnerable and thats when your opponent can atk them and kill them. When they are following olimar they cant be attacked and thus are free to become their blossomed form. Olimar, however, can kill his own pikmin if he throws them off the ledge or does an attack that makes them fall off (like picking pikmin by the ledge or doing a forward smash and the pikmin flyes off the ledge).

#2: Yes, your pikmin die when Olimar dies and when you respawn you will have 0 pikmin. So it is crucial to use your invincibility frames to pick new pikmin.

#3: Purple pikmin do knockback when they hit.

#4: No pikmin just follow olimar.

#5: Like above pikmin just do what olimar tells them to do.

Finally...

#6: I do not have the game so I cannot provide you with this information sorry. The dojo does provide a good insight on the "properties" of pikmin though.

edit: your pikmin call will immediately call your pikmin back to you so if you throw your pikmin (make them vulnerable to atks) you can use pikmin call to get them back before they die.

Vinceatorix

Smash Rookie
In reply, ShumPen...(Bold)
--------------------------------------------
"#1: There is info on this somewhere else but it is a crucial aspect to Olimar. His pikmin cannot be attacked UNLESS HE THROWS THEM. When he throws his pikmin they become vulnerable and thats when your opponent can atk them and kill them. When they are following olimar they cant be attacked and thus are free to become their blossomed form. Olimar, however, can kill his own pikmin if he throws them off the ledge or does an attack that makes them fall off (like picking pikmin by the ledge or doing a forward smash and the pikmin flyes off the ledge)."Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for, though.

"#2: Yes, your pikmin die when Olimar dies and when you respawn you will have 0 pikmin. So it is crucial to use your invincibility frames to pick new pikmin." Thank you.

"#3: Purple pikmin do knockback when they hit."No no, not knockback. In the game, if a purple lands near an enemy, it sends out a shockwave that stuns them. I was wondering if that happened here.

"#4: No pikmin just follow olimar."Thought so. Well, technically, maybe they do, Pikmin Chain!

"#5: Like above pikmin just do what olimar tells them to do."They have no AI at all, apparently? Wah.

Finally...

"#6: I do not have the game" (You too, huh?)"so I cannot provide you with this information sorry. The dojo does provide a good insight on the "properties" of pikmin though." Basics, not damage per hit per color. Would be use ful if they did it all for us though, huh?

"edit: your pikmin call will immediately call your pikmin back to you so if you throw your pikmin (make them vulnerable to atks) you can use pikmin call to get them back before they die." Useful.
----------------------------------------------
Thanks! I hope someone will have the time to calculate #6, though.

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
So wait, you could potentially wait until RIGHT before you think your thrown pikmin would die and invinci-whistle them back? That sounds somewhat broken.

I guess its not as though they recover over time though, they probably stay with a tiny amount of health left. Still good for one last chuck though, I would hope

Vinceatorix

Smash Rookie
That brings up an interesting point:

#1-5: Does amount of remaining health effect amount of damage when thrown?

Also, yes. That does sound broken. Supposedly balanced by lack of whistle range?
So that's why I thought that they could get left behind(idle state).

IllidR

Smash Champion
So wait, you could potentially wait until RIGHT before you think your thrown pikmin would die and invinci-whistle them back? That sounds somewhat broken.

I guess its not as though they recover over time though, they probably stay with a tiny amount of health left. Still good for one last chuck though, I would hope
I don't see how that is broken, it is just saving your Pikmin. And also, it is pretty hard to estimate when your thrown Pikmin would die because I've seen a lot of the time when they are attached to someone and they do an attack, they die with that attack. It's not like you save the Pikmin everytime.

In responce to Vinceatorix, it isn't balanced by whistle range, from what I've heard and seen there looks to be infinite range on the whistle, giving Olimar the potential to call his Pikmin on one side of the screen to him on the other.

Top Bottom