• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Short Movies Discussion

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999

So yesterday, Miyamoto-san announced the public release of three Pikmin short films to the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. This, though based on one of Nintendo's smaller properties (pun completely intended), is really huge as it shows a potentially new direction Nintendo could be taking their characters in. You can purchase the three shorts on either system via the Nintendo eShop for $4.99.

I purchased them nearly immediately after the Nintendo Direct ended, as I'm personally a huge Pikmin fan (Pikmin 3 was the game that made me want a Wii U), and I have to say, though it's only a twenty minute romp, these shorts are adorably, charmingly clever, and it just further proves how much story you can tell without any dialogue. I really hope these shorts sell well and persuade Nintendo to create more short films based around even more of their IPs. But what do you guys think?

LordCarlisle

Smash Cadet
NNID
thedivinity
I'm depressed that nobody responded to this thread until now. I found the short films to be amazing. Such high quality in terms of animation and entertainment value; particularly the longest of the three. You can really see Miyamoto's sense of humor shine in these, and while more animation of other IPs would be great, I'm particularly yearning for more Pikmin animations; Miyamoto did say that he had made many more, but had only decided to show these three off.

And the actions of the Pikmin in these movies look like they could translate into Pikmin 4 gameplay well; such as the scene with the Pikmin using their leaf sprouts to unscrew bolts.

Top Bottom