• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin have RIGHTS too!

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I demand equal rights for Pikmin! Too long have they been abused and taken for granted from the great tyrant CAPTAIN OLIMAR! So I'm here calling all those who cherish these little blessings and who devote time to main Olimar and OLIMAR only!

There is no "I" in Team, but there is in OLiMAR! So if you want to help contribute to this solo trophy class here is the place to convese on tatics, tales and tips!

Over time I may produce a guide on how to play Olimar without the Pikmin too. All supporters welcome!

We can stop this abuse together!

The Horror.... THE HORROR!​

Note: No comments on how useless this is, all Pichu fans from Melee can clearly tell you the satisfation and reward from such a practise.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Note: No comments on how useless this is, all Pichu fans from Melee can clearly tell you the satisfation and reward from such a pratise.
Sorry, but it has to be said. This is useless for 2 reaons: 1 You should always have pikmin with you, and 2 because you can't play olimar without his pikmin. You can only use his tilts and his jabs, none of which can ko unless your at like far over 200%.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting anyone to enter a tourny with money with Captin NOlimar. It is as I said, a trophy class. Not to foget you do get pikmin. The starting three. That is all, that is the spirit of Captin NOlimar, the least amount of life wasted, no needless sacrifice.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Just stop. We already a N0limar thread, and this one is more than pointless.
I really wish this thread would get closed, but I don't know who is the Moderator for our Olimar boards.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but it has to be said. This is useless for 2 reaons: 1 You should always have pikmin with you, and 2 because you can't play olimar without his pikmin. You can only use his tilts and his jabs, none of which can ko unless your at like far over 200%.
Well, it's good practice for me anyway. I guess I'm just dumb, but I have a hard time getting Oli's Nair to hit at all. So whenever I get the chance I hafta work on getting it to actually make contact because it's important in alot of Oli's combos. Like Dthrow>Nair>U-b... how does that work, anyway, lol?

Back on topic: I see alot of people not shwing any concern for their piks. Even the most popular players latch pikmin at a recoving foe off stage (a good strategy), but fail to whistle them back when the pikmin fall off. You can always pick more fast, but the whistle strategy saves that little bit of time, and has a mindgame sorta thing with it. Like, they see the pikmin begin to fall to it's death after doing damage, only to see it whistled back to safety and re-thrown. I've had oponents get frustrated like that...

I agree with the second poster though, totally. No Pikmin Olimar is called NO-limar for a reason. :laugh:

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
It is a sad sight to see not much support from the Olimars, whom I would of thought would of been the most accepting. May I ask why this is so unappealing?

You just have to think outside the box. Even without Pikmin his recover is pretty much the same to anyone to edgehogs, without Pikmin he still recieves height. Short hops nairs are amazing! There shouldn't be a single moment when your not spinning like a madman. At for a spike people forget the footstool jump. It has to be MASTERED!

Perhaps people will give Ol' N0limar more credit if I made a complete "How to" guide someday. Doesn't anyone play games for fun no more?

EDIT : Hurrah for Kabuto! Good to see someone whom cares for the little guys. Anyone who has played the Pikmin games knows you don't waste ANY. It is a sacred bond.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
We already have an No-Limar thread.
Anything you hope to put out in hopes of helping people has been said already in the N0-Limar thread.
Stop.Please.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Looks like this has been reduced to nothing but spam. I have seen the other N0limar thread.

I'm guessing you mean this one.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175985

Not much was dicussed. A N0limar guide would be useful for Olimars also, when stuck in tricky situations and such events as recoverys. Next time I ought to leave out the humour for you it seems. I think I'm gonna main him for a long while, if successful then I'll make a complete guide.

I think thats reasonable enough.

This thread can be closed.

Top Bottom