• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin + Fire Flower, Bowser and Charizard

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
Poor little fellows. I wonder if they'll get all burnt up? =( And maybe the red one will stay true to form and be unscathed?

I can see it now ... Bowser unleashes his flame breath to devastate Olimar's pikmin ranks, but the red one valiantly charges straight up Bowser's throat, killing the ugly turtle like a fat bulborb.

I doubt they'll really get burnt ... that would really stink for Olimar, but who knows? Sakurai is a pretty clever guy and fire attacks instantly break the Mr. Freezie effect in Melee ... hmmm ...

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
Maybe they will burn up, but maybe you can whistle them to get the flames off like in Pikmin 2. That'd be a nice addition.

That's actually one of the few intelligent insights in the Olimar Subforum I've seen.

Well done.

But anyway, I don't think they'll burn up. Bowser, for example, would decimate Olimar if only one in five of his Pikmin won't die instantly from the flames

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
i dunno if it's something they will include. after all, you don't have to be a pikmin to die in a fire. by all accounts, most characters should simply burn to death if they get lit on fire by bowser, charizard, or the like (and many DO in their respective games). why should pikmin -- and ivysaur for that matter -- be the only ones to be affected by this?

Pigking2020

Smash Rookie
Hopefully the Pikmin won't stay that true to their roots, or else on Delfino Plaza and other water hazard stages only the blue boy shall survive. . .

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
"it's super effective!"
Pretty much. With all of those limitations Olimar would certainly be an interesting character.

Maybe different Pikmin do have their strengths and weaknesses and the Pikmin pulled are not random? Say you are fighting Bowser on a generic stage, maybe you are most likely to pull red pikmin to survive his fire? Or on water stages you pull blue ones? It sort of takes the surroundings into consideration so you don't get stuck with Pikmin that get killed off almost instantly?

Top Bottom