• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin carrying items to you isn't in the final game

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I remembered in the E3 Gameplay videos where it was shown how Pikmin can carry items to Olimar and tried to test this out in my game. Turns out they can't do that anymore.

Such a bummer, I think I might have had picked up Olimar wholeheartedly after making sound department of Pikmin more close to the original games.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Just tried this yesterday. Severely disappointed.

BulborbAdventurer

Smash Rookie
This was even a tip in the demo (and possibly in the final game, but I remember seeing it in the demo)
Pikmin do hit items like boxes, though.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
This was even a tip in the demo (and possibly in the final game, but I remember seeing it in the demo)
Pikmin do hit items like boxes, though.
It's actually in Olimar's All-Star Mode trophy too. It says they can't pick up heavy items though. So maybe they can't pick up a whole lot? We'll need to do some investigating.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
Yeah it says it in the 3DS game itself yet it doesn't work. I'm fairly certain that both that feature and the Pikmin growing buds and flowers over time will be in the Wii U version

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Grabbing items seems like a feature that very much wouldn't be different between Wii U and 3DS.
Maybe it was dummied out at the last moment, or maybe it doesn't work because it's glitched?

Top Bottom