• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin agaisnt Lucas

wa-kingdom

Smash Cadet
Pikmin are quick and strong, but how can i withstand the psychic powers of the mind boy lucas without running away.
Can anyone give me tips against lucas and ness?

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
Throw You pikmin (DUR)
Your Pikmin act as shields against a PK fire spam, and Lucas' PK thunder can be easily avoided.

Best way to own a Lucas That spams b-stick PK

Jump, Forward b while d-ing forward ( gotta get just close enough)

Try to land when Lucas' last pk fire misses you, do a runnnig shield grab. Then its just standard combo, down throw, up smash, up air.

rememebr you spam BEATS his spam

Also, THROW THEM PIKMINS ( their like little meat shields!)

Trozz

Smash Ace
I main Lucas and I play against a lot of Olimars. I can tell you some stuff.

PK Fire is rather useless against an Olimar who throws Pikmen (side-B), so a Lucas will usually resort to using PK Thunder or aerial attacks. PK Thunder catches people off guard all of the time. Try to control the distance between you and Lucas so if he casts Thunder, you can quickly move in and counter attack.

To avoid aerial attacks, make good usage of your u-smash and aerial attacks of your own. Constantly throwing Pikmen will pressure Lucas to melee you. Once he closes in, use grab attacks; throws are Olimar's primary method of dealing damage. Don't roll around too much or you'll eat his stick smashes. Never be above him; Lucas's u-smash murders Olimar.

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
Oh yea, i forgot to mention, Make good use of your grab. When i play my Oli, i usually keep myself grounded against a Lucas (Cept when they spam fire, then jump and f-b). Your grab is your strongest weaopn, ABUSE IT!

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
I played a lucas player earlier today, things i noticed..

1) Like Trozz said his Up A murders olimar, he ran up and C-Sticked me, odd I had the shield on to, shows how much power that one attack has.

2) all depends what type of lucas your playing, some lucas will fall to the ground and avoid you when hit up, other will LOL and try to hit you with their gun feet, if they attempt this terrible attempt at a down Arieal, just juggle them.

3) => B Pikmin Throw > Lucas anything

Bat - Stopped
PK Fire - Stopped, and to boot, if its red, lucas now has a
pikmin on his.
PK freeze - just dodge, his lag afterwards makes him vulnerable.
PSI magnet - lol wut
PK Thunder - Unless hes recovering there should be no reason for him to really use this, unless you come to an edge stall, (your on one side of the stage, and hes on the other)

4) grab him, don't fall for mind games, lucas can easily run up and do his up A or his hexacon, ***** slap or w/e that is. just don't give him a chance to do any as both are pretty affective.

P.S. Lucas is one of the many characters that have "SPIKE ME" written on them, when he trys to recover via PK thunder, don't let him, send the cowlick boy wonder flying

Top Bottom