• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmen & Olimar Impressions!

Faolmor

Smash Rookie
played brawl yesterday for a fair while and I cycled through many of the characters, including my old main Ness, but none felt as good as Pikmen & Olimar! While I didn't play for as long as I liked nor did I become familiar with all his moves, this is what I noticed...

The main thing I love about Olimar is that he is so fun to play, one on one or brawls. THe other is how expendable the Pikmen actually are. I found my self in matches lobbing all my followers just to have 1 or 2 connect and in the space it takes for my opponent to get them off I could just pull them all out again. I just can't explain just how fun his b> makes him.

Whilst playing 1v1 matches I found he had a lot of very awesome moves depending on whoever was lucky enough to be first in the queue! But that kinda goes without saying I guess. FIrstly in actually playing it I found his b^ to be extremely useful as a defensive and offensive move. He has an incredible juggle in a^ because the range was huge. His forward smash was just wonderful with the range again and caught so many people offguard. I found all of his other moves decent as well but again didn't play enough to give a better insight...

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Congrats there! I can't wait to finally play P&O myself. Though as fun as it was to talk about first impressions, it sort of lost it's spark after the first few impressions. If you look around the thread, it's sort of old news what with a variety of FAQs, strategies and even a video compendium, not to mention several players who are already mastering P&O who shares with us their findings. Just thought I'd point it out first before someone flames you for it. Nowadays there's barely anything we don't know that someone has already uncovered already.

Top Bottom