• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's Final Smash advice?

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I thought Pikachu's final smash was a mediocre version of Sonic/Diddy/Yoshi... I think my kill rate with his final smash 1 out of 20 times or something only if I'm super lucky.

But my mind got blown away when my Pikachu amiibo broke the smash ball. He just completely trapped me and dragged me off stage to the CEILING.

Any tips?

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
I find that whenever I get the smash ball I have a difficult time targeting any one person and completely hunting them down to death, yet CPUs or Amiibos do it so simply and I have no idea how.
Usually, if I get the smash ball, I try not to move up or down so much and instead cover the ground of the stage(I play Omega/FD alot) or go after a group. It's easier to knock opponents around than to try and go after one particular person.
If you're doing a 1v1 and the smashball is out, I don't really know. Maybe trying to push them offstage and keep them off is better than dragging them off.
It's hard to do it precisely and I haven't seen anyone (besides CPUs/FPs) work with his final smash like that. XD
Tactical ideas aside, moving in small taps as opposed to holding in one direction on the joystick helps you make more precise movement. (probably slower, though)
Pressing the A to release the thunder makes him move around more spasmodically, so if you're looking to aim precisely don't press the button. (Good for sending others flying, though, if you're looking for a kill)

I'm no expert with his smash (I usually play with no items) but that's just a little tidbit of "advice" I have to give. You'll probably get better suggestions from someone else, but I figured I would throw in some ideas. :3

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I know what you mean! I stopped moving my control stick around too much when I'm under the final smash; been trying to use smaller movements (if not any at all), but still nowhere near CPU level.

What I have been doing is if I do get someone off stage, I just move Pikachu right at the ledge and just leave him there and get ready to press A and just see my opponent have no choice going for the ledge guarded by a big ball of electricity. But that's lame and I don't want to do that anymore. I want to know if anyone has more knowledge of the properties of Pikachu's final smash... I want to know how to drag people to the ceiling lololol xD

Idk I was just blown away. I am inspired. It was just intricate and beautiful.

Last edited:

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
Hey! That's actually not too bad of an idea. I should try that sometime. XD
indeed, I would like to know how to use it like that too. X3

I fully understand. CPUs and FPs with final smashes like that are just too scary. If only they could spill their secrets >u>

Top Bottom