• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Thunder Chain Grab (with video)

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

If you start this from around 17:37, you'll see Pikachu has a solid chain grab with up throw to shorthop/jump to thunder on Fox. And possibly on many other characters as well? :O
The Fox is at 91% percent when he starts the chain grab, he does it twice on him, but he ends it early by jabbing instead grabbing him again! :o

You could prolly get away with starting this earlier; keeping it going longer. And it work would on other characters around Foxes weight too.
Falling speed has nothing to do with it becuz the thunder drags you down, keeping you in hitstun while it does so, so your opponent cant tech it and they bounce up of the ground like they got hit with a dair becuz of SB4's new physics-
and this seems to always give Pikachu just enough time to earn his grab back! and if not, it's still really useful- you could set up a fresh charged smash attack or anything! This is becuz Pikachu is already waiting on the ground while your hapless victim bounces around~

Go go Pikachu!! :pikachu:
I point this out on the video in the comments on Youtube as well. I'm Shade Serende there.

M15t3R E

Smash Master

If you start this from around 17:37, you'll see Pikachu has a solid chain grab with up throw to shorthop/jump to thunder on Fox. And possibly on many other characters as well? :O
The Fox is at 91% percent when he starts the chain grab, he does it twice on him, but he ends it early by jabbing instead grabbing him again! :o

You could prolly get away with starting this earlier; keeping it going longer. And it work would on other characters around Foxes weight too.
Falling speed has nothing to do with it becuz the thunder drags you down, keeping you in hitstun while it does so, so your opponent cant tech it and they bounce up of the ground like they got hit with a dair becuz of SB4's new physics-
and this seems to always give Pikachu just enough time to earn his grab back! and if not, it's still really useful- you could set up a fresh charged smash attack or anything! This is becuz Pikachu is already waiting on the ground while your hapless victim bounces around~

Go go Pikachu!! :pikachu:
I point this out on the video in the comments on Youtube as well. I'm Shade Serende there.
If ESAM had attempted a smash attack after thunder shot him down to the ground, Zero would have had time to shield it. However a quick neutral air might have worked. I am interested to know how long a chaingrab like this could go on, on which characters, and at what percent it is guaranteed.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
If ESAM had attempted a smash attack after thunder shot him down to the ground, Zero would have had time to shield it. However a quick neutral air might have worked. I am interested to know how long a chaingrab like this could go on, on which characters, and at what percent it is guaranteed.
Yeah you are prolly right, Smash attacks might be too risky but he could have sneaked a nair in there or who knows :cool:
this needs to be tested more~

Top Bottom