• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu throw options

Felth

Smash Apprentice
I propose to do a summary of the different options that Pikachu has of his throws. Share all the information that you know even if it's MU specific.

This are some options:
  • Fthrow into dash attack : this works at low percent and low rage for pikachu. It doesn't work on floaty characters like jigglypuff. If sweetspoted it deals 21%, I like this option because it's easy to perform and does good damage.
  • If fox is at 0% and pikachu at very low percent ( lower than 10) you can upthrow and combo into a lot of utilts. I'm not sure if this works in other characters. Maybe other fast fillers like captain Falcon. Watch the video here.
  • Upthrow into thunder: Is a kill confirm if you read the opponent DI. I don't know the exactly percent that this works. Watch the video here.
  • At medium percent I usually go for a down throw into upairs followed by another aerial.
  • At the ledge backthrow can kill at approximately 160%.
  • At very high percent like 170 or maybe +180 upthrow can kill.
  • Around 70-90% ( before the upthrow into thunder works) I usually upthrow then I jump and the opponent usually dodge because they think that I'll use the thunder and then I punish with upair or nair.

If someone can test the different percents it would be very useful for this guide. Specially for the upthrow into thunder because if this set up is not a combo can be easily punished.

Last edited:

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Dthrow into aerials depending on DI at low/mid percents is standard stuff

I use fthrow and backthrow mainly as mixups and conditioning tools. For example, if uthrow to thunder is expected, it can be hard to tech on reaction to fthrow, making jab lock setups easier. Both are good for getting people offstage for edgeguard kills.

When fishing for the kill at high percents, dthrow to thunder is a really wild mixup that can catch DI towards the stage, kind of a hard read but it's always good to have options like that.

Just go crazy with throw mixups in my opinion. Being unpredictable is the most important thing when playing an aggressive pika.

Felth

Smash Apprentice
Shady Shaymin Shady Shaymin I agree that being unpredictable is the most important thing when playing, but that's the main reason of why I'm doing this thread. I want to know all the options that Pikachu has before the battle. The only way to mix up correctly is knowing a lot of options.

I have some questions about the mid percent (before the upthrow thunder works) but after the down throw into aerials stop to combo. This percent is in general between 50-100%. Someone knows good options here? I think that one good option is to bait the upthrow thunder, wait the airdodge and then use a Nair. Other option is to throw the people off stage and try to gimp them if possible (depends the character).

Anybody has ideas on this percent?

Top Bottom