• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu...The next kirby?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'v noticed alot of times i face a pikachu they choose kirby after the 1st fight and do the typical dash dash side smash thing. Also i havent seen much kirbies around eather. So...I think alot of the kirbies went to pikachu. I think this is a good thing! What do u guys think?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Honestly I'd rather fight a million kirby players that abuse up tilt like crazy then one mario. Pikachu is fun to fight like kirby so I don't mind either.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
As long as they don't roll/grab like crazy, I'm fine fighting who(m?)ever. All my friends play the roll/grab game and it just draws games out to twice the amount of time they SHOULD take. Not to mention it took me an entire semester to convince them to play 5 stock instead of 12.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
Honestly I'd rather fight a million kirby players that abuse up tilt like crazy then one mario. Pikachu is fun to fight like kirby so I don't mind either.
I would rather fight one mario than a million kirbies who abuse utilt like crazy.
I mean it would be a waste of time and I would be dead before I finished lol.
I like fighting marios.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
i'm guilty as charged, i like to go to kirby after playing with pikachu, but i wasn't a converted kirby to pika. it was more like i learned kirby after pikachu. but i do wish for some more variety...

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Marios are way more fun to fight than Kirbys, and good pikachu players are somewhere in the middle. Kirbys aren't generally more difficult, but their playstyles simply lack... a visually appealing finesse that Marios and Luigis can flaunt.

And most of the Kirbys online are just the basic "Fair, fastfall, l-cancel, roll backward, rinse, repeat" which is a safe but boring technique. Or they stand there, waiting for you to fall close by and just uptilt (which is why its more fun to play against fellow keyboard users, who can't "tilt out of nothing").

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I'm fine with fighting Kirby as long as he doesn't roll, roll, roll, dash run away, and look for opportunities to smash, etc. It just makes the game last forever.

However, I would rather fight a Kirby than a Mario that spams fireballs. And Kirbies are easier to combo. :p Screw Mario's insanely fast recoveries and aerials.

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
As long as they don't roll/grab like crazy, I'm fine fighting who(m?)ever. All my friends play the roll/grab game and it just draws games out to twice the amount of time they SHOULD take. Not to mention it took me an entire semester to convince them to play 5 stock instead of 12.
lol i know how you feel. I use to play with friends who does that. It is so **** frustrating because roll grabbers would just wait for you to attack and if theyre using fox they would just spam lasers if you don't attack. I know those are newbie techniques but roll grabbing is such a boring way to play the game even when you own them there is no satisfaction.

keshiki's mario = so hard to kill :(
I've played keshiki's mario and it is **** hard to hit especially for a sucky smasher like me. He also has a nice DK.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hey BoxOfFox, tilting with the keyboard standing is definitely possible...cept no one looked at my thread...*cry*

felix45

Smash Lord
the only characters I seem to have trouble with now a days are CF and jigz, but if I keep practicing and trying to get better I will soon be able to handle them both.

I'm not one to whine about playstyles. any playstyle/character that can beat me just shows I need improvement in order to win. like I know some people hate DKs that camp, and I used to do terrible against them, but now I play fox and I can get around the grab spam pretty well and beat DK players who do this.

if anyone really doesn't like kirby just pick up the thing, it isn't very hard to use at all.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Marios are insanely fun to edgeguard against... especially if you're Samus. In fact, some of the best matches me and my friend have ever had have been Samus vs. Mario.

Like... falling off the edge and waiting for Mario to Up-B and trying to time Samus' Up-B so that you invincibility-frame Mario's Up-B and stuff. That's so awesome.

And bomb spam is hilarious when Mario's trying to Up-B to the ledge.

Also, when Mario's recovering, jumping off the ledge so that he's between you and it, and then charged-B-ing him when he Up-Bs.

OOH OHH plus, it's sometimes possible to do a Dash-A -> Jab combo on him, which looks INSANELY cool, especially if you then manage to get in another dash-A. I assume this only works because my friend (like myself) cannot DI for beans.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera dropped Kirby because he sucked in Melee.
Pikachu continued because he was halfway decent.
~Tera253~

Top Bottom