• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu questions for all

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
:pikachumelee:Pika-Pi :pikachumelee:

Okay so 3 questions -

1. How do you do your JC Up-smashes?
I personally found that pressing Y + Up + A seems to be much more consistent (95%) for me. Anyone else do this? Regular Up + A out of DD or Dash seems to make me FH Up Air way too often...​

2. How do you guys and gals rapid jab?
I use 2 methods:
Shimmying my thumb over A back and forth very fast.
&
alternating A then Z A Z A Z A Z tapping them fast (with this I'm able to do the fastest possible rapid jab aside from TAS level) Anyone else use this A > Z method or am I alone here? Or do you just raw smash A / double thumb it?​

3. Does Pikachu's Down - B Thunder have some weird hitbox properties?
I noticed a few times that the body hitbox seems to give it's properties to the small descending hitbox that initiates it so essentially it's not just a circle around Pikachu but it seems to be the circle plus the colliding lightning hitbox that has the powerful knockback. Can anyone confirm this? It sort of seems to work like the shy guy hitbox extender.​

Last edited:

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
I claw for JC upsmashes and instant up airs. Press y with my index finger and upsmash with the c stick, I find that is much better to do running up smashes with. I also use claw to multishine with fox, switching between claw and regular seems kind of difficult for people, but I got used to it pretty quick. It helps me to a bunch of stuff I can't do when I hold the controller regular.. I rapid jab just by spamming the a button, it always keeps them in hitstun, but maybe I could get more jabs per second by alternating a and z. If it works for you, do it. As far as I know though, most of the top Pikachus, all 2 of them, just use their thumb and the a button. Also, here is the hitbox for down b: http://i.imgur.com/li6vf.gif

soju

SD God
I personally just do the up+A but many people find success with up & cstick also X+up+A

The only time the rapid jab speed should become an issue is if you are doing it really slow or if you get someone caught in the tree on stadium. I just press A at a mediocre sanic speed.

Personally don't know anything about the thunder hitbox asides from what I saw on the hitbox and frame data thread, but it's a neat tool to platform tech chase :)

Doublecork

Smash Apprentice
I usually do UpA for running upsmashes but then i use both sticks up for oos. If the upsmash is a charged one, i'll certainly use UpA, but sometimes for quick upsmashes i find it easier to use both sticks and then use Z to charge if i feel it to be necessary.

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
Damn I didn't even know I could charge with Z. That's awesome, since I claw and use Y and the c stick for my JC upsmashes, I haven't been able to charge it all this time.

Doublecork

Smash Apprentice
How useful is clawing with pikachu? I am new to pikachu because i have been a peach main for a while and im just starting out, and many people recommend using claw for peach but i dont

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
How useful is clawing with pikachu? I am new to pikachu because i have been a peach main for a while and im just starting out, and many people recommend using claw for peach but i dont
not useful enough that you should learn it if you can't already do it. The only thing it will help with is doing instant up airs. Other than that, I can't really think of any pikachu tech that claw would help with, unless you wanna learn claw just so you can do it with any character, because it is generally an advantage. It won't help you like it will with Peach or Fox.

Top Bottom