• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu F-Throw Strings

DeathlyFerret

Smash Apprentice
Forward throw is a great early-mid percent throw for Pikachu because of how many follow-ups it has. Pikachu is fast enough to get a quick combo on the opponent, and your opponent will have too much hit-stun to jump away. I experiment with it a lot, and here are some of the most useful combos I've found. (UPDATE: Will include approximate percent requirements, and will be tested with ALL characters<Still testing currently>).
-F-Throw>Dash Attack
-F-Throw>Up Smash
-F-Throw>Perfect Pivot Forward Smash (@ SuperSwagBros SuperSwagBros )
-F-Throw> Short Hop Nair (@ phili phili )
-F-Throw>Missed Tech>Jab Lock>Anything
-F-Throw>Roll/Getup Attack/Tech Read>Anything <Can't measure>
-F-Throw>Short Hop Fair

At varying percents, (depends on character) your opponent will have an opportunity to jump away or counterattack (e.g. moves like Yoshi's/Ness' Nair).
If this starts to happen, you can counter a jump with most of Pikachu's aerials, or keep safe from counterattacks with a Thunder Jolt.

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
you can also get fthrow > neutral air on most characters if they DI up (to not get hit by dash attack or upsmash).

I do this fair is better because you can lead into more fairs most of the time, but sometimes you just want the quick percent and to hit them off stage so nair becomes a decent option

carlos11

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I dash and do a SideB so I can be like "#CantHandleTheseInsaneMixUps"

Top Bottom