• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu DOES NOT need buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angiance

Smash Lord
A lot of Pikachu seem to believe that buffs are needed-that is most certainly not the case. Pikachu can combo/pressure/extend/convert extremely well, and truly needs no buffs

Pikachu mostly wish for buffs so that Pikachu can KO better...but Pikachu can actually KO fairly well; Pikachu just has difficultly ~landing the KO hit~, which is an intentional design-it is an intentional weak point that balances Pikachu

If Pikachu had guaranteed comboes into his KO attacks he'd be considered cheap/broken (like Luigi)

F.Smash's sweetspot actually hits REALLY hard, and KOs even heavies quite efficiently-it's just difficult to land, which again is an intentional design to balance Pikachu

U.Smash KOs extremely well even on heavies, and is lightning fast as a smash attack-it's my favorite smash honestly, just because of it's speed and power

U.Tilt/U.Throw/D.Throw > Thunder works if you can react to the opponent's DI quickly enough-if it were guaranteed it'd be cheap-so it NOT being guaranteed is what keeps it from being given the label of "cheap," and actually it not being guaranteed makes it all the more exciting to the crowds that see it

N.Air actually can KO at higher percents off stage, and it can also gimp fairly well and stage spike. It has less power than it did in Brawl, but this just makes is extremely good at setups and pressure since the opponent isn't going to be knocked so far away

So, yeah, please think before assuming Pikachu needs buffs because I assure you, he's quite powerful as he is

<3 <3 <3 B+3+L+L <3 <3 <3

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I actually agree with this. I'm satisfied with Pikachu as he already is. I think Pikachu has an easy time killing opponents due to the many of options that you already expliained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom