• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu clone?

Should we get a Pikachu clone?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

NO!

Pichu would be a giant waste as a veteran character and I don't think think that any Pikachu clone from any Generation warrants representation. There are far more deserving Pokemon to appear on the roster than any Pikachu clone.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I don't think we should get one. The best choice would be Pichu but then every Smash fan in the world would complain "Why Pichu? *Insert Some Popular Pokémon Here* would be much better!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Pichu is alright, and I'd love to play as Raichu, but there are a lot of Pokemon (and Nintendo characters in general) more worthy of a spot.

Vale

Smash Ace
I think instead of Pikachu's baby, we should have Igglybuff. If they include it as a joke, to be a bad character, all they have to do is directly clone Jigglypuff's moveset from Brawl.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If we have to get a Pikachu clone, it should be Raichu instead of Pichu. He should be slower, but much stronger, with a bigger emphasis on physical attacks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I personally don't think so. It's obvious that completely original characters should take priority over clones. But if we did have clones, I see a few more interesting choices outside of Pikachu of all characters. I see clones/semi-clones like Luigi and Falco be interesting characters. I can see how Dark Samus would make for an interesting Samus clone. But I can't really say that Pichu was interesting to me.

Tabernacle

Smash Rookie
I remember getting really hyped because I was told they announced Raichu.
**** would be cash.

STARRRaptor

Smash Rookie
Why would they do a Pikachu clone when they already did that with Pichu in Melee and took it out in Brawl because it obviously didn't work the first time.

I would love Riachu, but really if we get a clone of Pikachu it should be Plusle and Minun. They add enough uniqueness as a duo (and give them a new down B like helping hand or charge) and would fill the little gap Pichu left in 5 peoples' hearts with alt colors/costum

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Eh, I'd say no. I liked Pichu in Melee but we really only need Pikachu. I'd rather have that character slot be filled with a unique fighter.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Oh god no. Even suggesting a clone character is blasphemy in my eyes. I thought we were against clones and supported the uniqueness of all characters new and returning.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I actually really loved Pichu. I mained him for a time, but eventually stopped for obvious reasons. Should he come back? Probably not. It'd be too much of an outrage for most fans.

I would REALLY love to see Raichu playable. However, not as a clone of Pikachu. Raichu has plenty of potential to be his own character.He could have a more physical styled moveset with moves like Thunderpunch and Iron Tail. He'd be heavier and a tad slower, and be a much more in-your-face fighter. I could imagine Raichu as one of the powerhouse characters.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I actually really loved Pichu. I mained him for a time, but eventually stopped for obvious reasons. Should he come back? Probably not. It'd be too much of an outrage for most fans.

I would REALLY love to see Raichu playable. However, not as a clone of Pikachu. Raichu has plenty of potential to be his own character.He could have a more physical styled moveset with moves like Thunderpunch and Iron Tail. He'd be heavier and a tad slower, and be a much more in-your-face fighter. I could imagine Raichu as one of the powerhouse characters.
I agree with raichu, and its interesting that raichu was never really that popular. He is the direct evolution of pikachu (pokemon's main mascot) but not talked about much at all. I'd love to see him in with a unique moveset.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Semi-Clone? Yes. Full-clone? Nah.

I'd suggest Aipom
Neutral B - Grass Knot - As you charge, Aipom winds up his Tail-Hand, upon release, Aipom tosses a Grass Knot that bounces along the ground, getting hit by it causes your character to trip if over 50%

Forward B - Baton Pass - As you charge, Aipom gets ready to toss a Baton. Upon release, Aipom tosses a Baton, at any time hit B to swap places with the Baton. It does damage and instantly switches with Aipom if it hits an enemy or suface

Up B - Bounce - Functions similarly to Pikachu's Up-B, does more damage though, with no disappearing hitboxes, can be charged as a super-jump on the ground

Down B - Nasty Plot - A Purplish Light bulb appears above Aipom (almost as high as a the thunder cloud), Aipom gets a devilish grin, and raises his Tail-Hand. The Light bulb sens a dark aura (like the lightning bolt). If it connects with Aipom, he glows purple and his next special is fully charged.

Most other moves could remain the came, I would also change down-smash to a break-dance or tail-hand ground-pound. He would lack the electrical effect on attacks, but would hit harder in general.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I suppose the question is- what IP (intellectual property) deserve to be in, and which then deserves to be only a clone?
Raichu is awesome, but let's not add a superfluous first gen just for the sake of it.
Plusle and Minun would need to be a pair, which inherently would make them not a clone.
Other Pokemon I can think of who deserve to get in, straight Pokemon (meaning, as opposed to other characters to represent the franchise) are mostly limited to Sceptile, Mewtwo, Eevee, and Meowth in my eyes.
Meowth could work if his electricity were made into other types of attacks, not even all moves but... trickster gimmicks?

It could be another franchise I'm sure too, but, I'm not seeing it.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I'd love to see Pichu return. The main thing I've seen against it is people b@tching about it being a waste of space or not being unique. What they don't realize is how much easier it would be to copy/paste the data and use a different model with tweaks to the moveset.

Then again, this is coming from one of the five people keeping the Pichu boards alive.

Last edited:

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
semi-clone sandshrew or sandslash. A little heavier but similar movset take away the electricity moves.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If we have to get a Pikachu clone, it should be Raichu instead of Pichu. He should be slower, but much stronger, with a bigger emphasis on physical attacks.
Yet Raichu is faster, and (due to the lack of the Light Ball) less powerful than Pikachu...

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Why would anyone want a clone? I'd rather have a new character over a clone of ANY character.

Top Bottom