• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu - Balance Patch - Version 1.1.1 Buffs/Nerfs

Dashie

Smash Cadet
Going out tonight to practice this with others.
Then tourney tomorrow.

So hype!

Also good considering that Fair combos has been the tech I've been practicing lately I should get more mileage from my practices.

Idk till them though.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Going out tonight to practice this with others.
Then tourney tomorrow.

So hype!

Also good considering that Fair combos has been the tech I've been practicing lately I should get more mileage from my practices.

Idk till them though.
Good luck, you can probably do better than I did my first tour. Double 2-0 lol

Dashie

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Soul.

If I'm reading this right, "Patch Diff" on the chart is pretty much how safe is the move on shield? As in, "neutral aerial is now approximately 4 frames safer on shield as seen on the chart."

sry not really good at this stuff

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
If I'm reading this right, "Patch Diff" on the chart is pretty much how safe is the move on shield? As in, "neutral aerial is now approximately 4 frames safer on shield as seen on the chart."

sry not really good at this stuff
the patch diff is how many more frames safer each move is compared to 1.1.0, I believe

Last edited:

Soul.

All we need to know now is if our aerial safety is full of positive, negative or neutral numbers. Given this change happened I'd guess we have some positive moves when hitting shields.

iirc our meta thread says a perfectly AC'd FAir is +1 on shield, can someone double check by any chance?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It seems that Pikachu has been indirectly buffed by the universally increased shieldstun and we may no longer need to fear Luigi to boot. This is absolutely fantastic. Fellow Pikachus, I must tell you that I share your intense enthusiasm over these changes. We have truly been blessed as a character. I mean, come on, what more can you ask for? At this point, I am actually concerned about a potential massive influx of Pikachu bandwagoners causing our character to become nerfed in the near future. I hope I'm mistaken.
Either way I intend to upload some new patch gameplay tonight. Definitely going to enjoy this.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
[QUOTE="M15t3R E, post: 20230183, member: 1298] I mean, come on, what more can you ask for?.[/QUOTE]
A kill confirm
Not even going to fix quote

Last edited:
Yeah, the only thing Pikachu could use now would be a kill confirm. I also would have like to see some new DLC characters added. However, I am more than pleased with the results of this patch! :grin:

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
iirc our meta thread says a perfectly AC'd FAir is +1 on shield, can someone double check by any chance?
Last hitbox of fair hits on frame 26, to perfect auto-cancel we need to soft land on frame 33. So adding the soft landing lag that gets us 9 frames before we can input an action.

frame 26 does 3% so that shouldn't be more than 5 frames of sheild stun by the new mechanics. So we're still a little minus on block, but when you consider shield drop frames and the fact that no one has a frame <4 shield grab, your opponent needs to guess whether you spot dodge, shield, grab or jab. But since most of the cast has bad frame data pika only has to worry about things like boost kick OOS.

I think the thought that it was + on shield comes from the fact that some spacings don't allow for shield grab punishes.

Soul.

Thunder Shock also got better but lol Thunder Shock. Jolts are unsafe now?

I don't really get this projectile hitlag thing.

Top Bottom