• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika-Physics

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
Well as we all anxiously await the new smash bros, though be it sometime away, we've all been pondering about different aspects of the game itself. Though everything is mere speculation, it is still fun to speculate. I have a simple, yet thought-provoking inquiry myself.

What physics aspect(s) of the game (if any) do you think will change from brawl to the 4th installment?

Much like the changes from melee to brawl helped our pika-prowess, do you think this next game will do the same? Would changing the dynamics of the game hurt Pikachu's playability? And what changes would you like there to be? What changes would help push Pikachu back up the tier list?

D

Deleted member

Well pika's ability in the game is static, so it'd be pretty awesome if pikachu is hit by only smash attacks not specials, if the opponent becomes stunned for a few seconds occasionally.

Thorizard

Smash Rookie
I say just give him a light ball and make him SSS tier. I saw the return of skull bash which displeased me. I was hoping for something more like volt tackle maybe. Iron tail has always been a Pika staple as well, but he has Electro Ball in the anime now. Maybe that could be given to him to replace thundershock? Kind of like aura sphere in a way. Since we're on the subject of Lucario moves, Pikachu can learn Extremespeed, so let's make Pikachu cooler and give him Extremespeed cause Quick Attack is so hard to control. Especially with laggy wifi -.-

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I didn't like Pikachu's changes in Brawl. I'm not quite sure what it was about it, but the changes they made really turned me off from the character and I ceased maining him. I hope he plays more like how he did in Melee.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
It looks, that Pikachu is slower than brawl or Do I delude me?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't like Pikachu's changes in Brawl. I'm not quite sure what it was about it, but the changes they made really turned me off from the character and I ceased maining him. I hope he plays more like how he did in Melee.

Funny, cause I absolutely couldn't handle the changes in Pikachu from Smash 64 to Melee. I loved Pikachu much more in Brawl, he was far more fun to play as for me.

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
I say just give him a light ball and make him SSS tier. I saw the return of skull bash which displeased me. I was hoping for something more like volt tackle maybe. Iron tail has always been a Pika staple as well, but he has Electro Ball in the anime now. Maybe that could be given to him to replace thundershock? Kind of like aura sphere in a way. Since we're on the subject of Lucario moves, Pikachu can learn Extremespeed, so let's make Pikachu cooler and give him Extremespeed cause Quick Attack is so hard to control. Especially with laggy wifi -.-
There is no thundershock in the smash bros series. Pikachu's neutral B is thunder jolt. Pikachu can't learn Extreme Speed, only quick attack and agility. Just like in the anime, Volt Tackle should be replaced by (a super sized) Electro Ball in SSB4. I made an entire topic that Pikachu's thunder jolt should be replaced with EB on gamefaqs, but ppl were against it hard despite my very detailed post and reasons why it should be. The common responses were that it's too much of a clone move to Aura Sphere & Shadow Ball & that Pikachu doesn't need that move changed.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
Besides the thunder (MS and quicker hitless cooldown) and (i say with uncertainty) the removal of quick attack canceling, pikachu looks about the same as he did in brawl. the nair cooldown looks similar, in fact all aerials and all tilts seem the same. Short hop down air MIGHT auto cancel if it's timed fast enough like brawl. What i've noticed is different is the f-smash cooldown has slightly decreaced, and the thunder jolts fall slower. there's not much worth in preparing for pikachu game with so many new characters and so little differences. i'll just wait and see how he fairs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFeIVfTqBg

Soul.

Besides the thunder (MS and quicker hitless cooldown) and (i say with uncertainty) the removal of quick attack canceling, pikachu looks about the same as he did in brawl. the nair cooldown looks similar, in fact all aerials and all tilts seem the same. Short hop down air MIGHT auto cancel if it's timed fast enough like brawl. What i've noticed is different is the f-smash cooldown has slightly decreaced, and the thunder jolts fall slower. there's not much worth in preparing for pikachu game with so many new characters and so little differences. i'll just wait and see how he fairs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFeIVfTqBg
SH DAir is already confirmed to auto cancel. You just need to do it fast, like you said. If you watched the 3DS tournament, you can see it doing it on 6:25:05.
QAC is still in, its timing is a bit different, though, but the technique is confirmed to be in both versions. Skip to 0:36 on the video below.
Thunder Jolt falling slower means that Pikachu can jump and use the move for like 4 times, at least.
So far, Pikachu seems to play the same way it did in Brawl, using QAC to approach and use Thunder Jolt to damage the opponent from a distance.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
hell yeah QAC is back! seems like the input is later now. it's nice to be able to cancel dair, but it's window is so small I can't help but become agitated and wonder again why I'm not playing melee lol.

Soul.

hell yeah QAC is back! seems like the input is later now. it's nice to be able to cancel dair, but it's window is so small I can't help but become agitated and wonder again why I'm not playing melee lol.
I guess you're going to have to practice the move when Smash 3DS is released. Then you can play online competitively and use a technical Pikachu.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
Remember me and grab my friend code and we can play! I always enjoy a good pika-ditto.

Soul.

Remember me and grab my friend code and we can play! I always enjoy a good pika-ditto.
Hey, that's actually a good idea! Pikachu dittos will probably help the skill level.
Of course, the other matchups are important too, but Pikachu dittos will help the character the player is using.

Top Bottom