• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pika pee!..?? 'Ello

Chaosphere

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

New smasher here. Got SUPER interested in playing this game competitively after watching Evo this year shortly followed by the documentary. Your guys' community seems ridiculously awesome. Anyways... I played MK9, Injustice, and Killer Instinct quite a bit. I got top 8/16 at a few majors in MK9 and Injustice... currently awaiting MKX's release. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have solid fundamentals, but right now what's killing me the most is execution. I was considered a high execution player in previous games, but this game is taxing! Or maybe it's just new to me. I don't know. Trying to do a short hop into instant up air by moving my thumb from Y to c-stick up is REALLY awkward and I have no idea how you guys do uair so quickly off the ground lol. Maybe it will just get really comfortable for me. Also, I'm a pikachu main. I tend to be a very strict character loyalist lol.

I'm based out of Peoria IL and was VERY happy to see that there's somewhat of a scene here, as I was a lone ranger in the other games and got all of my practice online or at tournaments. I'm looking VERY forward to playing with the Peoria guys and posting on here. Just thought I'd introduce mahself.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Awesome! We all share your interest, I became interested when I saw an old Kings of Cali with a hilarious Scar intro. The excitement and energy of Ken vs Scar made me want to see more. You are right, there's a lot of speed required for some ATs. But a quick up-air can be done easily if you turn off Tap Jump in the Controls section, then it becomes a simple press x/y, hold up the analog, and press A. Turning off Tap Jump also allows you to do UpTilts (holding up the analog stick and presing a) which are great for juggling or simply hitting an opponent into the air for a followup hit.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to the Smash community Chaosphere! Nice to see you showing respect as well :D

I'm really hype for MKX myself. When I saw the trailer for the first time, tears nearly came to me just from being so excited about it. I then proceeded to give the trailer another play at least 25 more times.

And I respect the character loyalty. When it comes to Smash though, I can't do that since I have many franchises that I like, and I try to rep at least one character per franchise (Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox and Mario specifically). I don't plan on using anymore than 3-4 in the next game though. The goal is 2-3, but since I can be such a fanboy, **** is gonna be a challenge :laugh:

But anyways, welcome again! I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Top Bottom