• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking a character

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Hello, am trying to be more active in the pm scene but I'm having a hard time picking a main.

I want to play someone who is a new character in regards to melee(where I play fox). Now I know what everyone is gonna say, "play all the characters and whichever one is the most fun should be your main". I've played them all and I'm not looking for someone to tell me who to play; rather I'm looking for someone to tell me who they main and why they like that character. Also if you explain other characters, (e.g good combos, quick (that's kinda obv), good grab game, requires spacing, ect.) That would be much appreciated, thank you.

Narpas_sword

I play Samus because i like Metroid.
There's really no other reason.
Didnt pick her for her fighting style or stats or anything.

I say, pick a character you like as a character.
Stick with that character and learn the style.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I choose characters based on two things:
  • The character themselves
  • Their playstyle
I find Samus to be a cool character, but she feels too floaty for my liking, so I play ZSS because she does fit my playstyle
I also find Roy our boy to be pretty cool too and he fits my playstyle as well.

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
I choose characters based on two things:
  • The character themselves
  • Their playstyle
I find Samus to be a cool character, but she feels too floaty for my liking, so I play ZSS because she does fit my playstyle
I also find Roy our boy to be pretty cool too and he fits my playstyle as well.
I see you like ZSS. i too like ZSS

CORY

wut
BRoomer
just go ganon and get good at hard reads. bonus points if your friends aren't that good, because you'll look like a god. one good read, they get hit 3 times and are at 40. another good read, they're offstage at 70 and maybe dead.

and bonus points for him not being bottom tier now : D

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Like anyone else it is some combo of liking the character and enjoying playing them. I play Tink maybe because of loving windwaker but actually is my favorite to play right now. Wario I play entirely because of his in game design and Roy is in between.

Top Bottom