• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Physics Engines: Brawl Vs. Melee

alexkenny

Smash Cadet
OK. So I personally think that the Melee physics engine is better, but Brawl's slower gameplay makes me wonder... although there's difference in character strengths, would yall consider it like a warm up or practice for ProjM/Melee tournaments?

Also which Smash Bros game do yall think has the best physics engine and why

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Any smash game will help you with basic fundamentals like spacing, baiting, reading, etc. but thats about it.

As for my favorite engine, it would have to be PM if your'e talking about purely the engine mechanics(as in not what chars can do etc), but Melee is my favorite actual game by far.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Brawl's physics engine is only a warmup for Brawl. But I agree with Gohan, every smash game is good for fundamentals which IMO are the heart and soul of your game. I got better at Brawl by going on the grind for SSB64, which on the surface makes no sense since the two games are COMPLETELY different (think hitstun and shield stun and EDGEGUARDING!) but you need the same fundamentals no matter what!

alexkenny

Smash Cadet
And what about the Project M physics engine? I've only played it 2 times and don't remember what the engine was like.

ChaosNeo45

Smash Rookie
OK. So I personally think that the Melee physics engine is better, but Brawl's slower gameplay makes me wonder... although there's difference in character strengths, would yall consider it like a warm up or practice for ProjM/Melee tournaments?

Also which Smash Bros game do yall think has the best physics engine and why

Your beating the horse dead people have been saying Melee's engine is better than brawl for several years now. Its not a new concept

Top Bottom