• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Photobucket redirection?

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Hai everyone.

Yesterday I downloaded the newest Firefox, Firefox 3 of course. Have been working with FF a long time now already, always liked it, so I was hyped when there was an update.

Yesterday, everything worked fine and I enjoyed surfing the internet with FF 3. Today, however... was not very pleasant.

I went to my own forum, but couldn't see any images. No buttons, "new topic"-stuff, markers, whatsoever. I think there's a problem with Photobucket (on which the images or hosted), so I go to Photobucket.com and it redirects me to this website:

http://www.atspace.com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/web_hosting.html

Not very fun, I must say. I deleted the cookies, I even downloaded CCleaner and cleaned everything, I've scanned my computer with Ad-Aware SE (nothing found) and so on. I just can not get onto Photobucket anymore. This is not only in Firefox, it's also in IE and Safari. Very annoying, because now I can't even post on my own forum anymore AND I can not get the images to host them on another website, because I can't even see them.

Can anyone please help me?

Regards,

Jarri
As posted on the MozillaZine forums, can anyone help me because they don't?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is not your browser causing the problem.

Photobucket was hacked. Their DNS listings were poisoned.

You'll just have to wait until it's back online.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, what's worse is Photobucket's handling of the situation. To the best of my knowledge they have still yet to even actually admit that they've been hacked. They're reporting it as an intermittent error.

Error my ***! The page redirects to a turkish hacker's website!

Come on, now. People stopped doing that whole "ignore the problem and pretend like we never got owned" strategy a long time ago. Honesty is the best policy. Especially when it wasn't even really their fault! The DNS was to blame, not their website.

Top Bottom