• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasy Star Zero

Laijin

Smash Hero
I know a bunch of you guys played PSO: Blue Burst. But its time to move on!
If you have a DS, I recommend picking up PS: Zero. Its really awesome with four new classes, new weapons, online wifi play, etc etc.

If you already have it, post your friend code and your current main character class

Laijin - 4426 2011 9562 - HUcaseal

Mike G - 2536 4171 4023 - HUmarl

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
An actual good Topic created by Laijin....

wait! what's going on here! who are you and where's Clyde? lol O_o

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Ive heard a little about this. Dont you like have to know peoples friend code things to play with them? Or can you just join random games and play with 3 other people like in previous PSO's?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
hmmm. I might just look more into this. Ive played every versions of pso (except the card one) since the original launched on dreamcast, definatly one of my favorite series.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
If you loved pso BB then you'll like this one. It's legit, man. I played it with laijin and his friend for 40 mins and I enjoyed every bit of it so far.

I'm going to hop back on after some food =D

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Was just checking out some videos, I dont really care for the new "kiddie" look of the characters, but I always play a cast so its not that big of a deal. The music instantly put a smile on my face, reminded me of those late nights in highschool I spent grinding through pso on dreamcast.

I think my girlfriend accidentally threw away my ds charger, so if thats the case I need to find a new one. I have the original DS not a Lite or DSi so ill have to check ebay or for one probably.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
what is jrpg pso? from my understanding its exactly like PSO on dreamcast gamecube and xbox where you connect to instanced games of a specific difficutly and play with up to 3 other people

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
by JRPG PSO are you refering to the offline "standard RPG" versions of Phantasy Star? like 1 thru 4? Anything thing in the Phantasy Star series that falls under the title PSO, Phantasy Star Online is online/mmo style.

While not a true mmo since every game int he PSO series is all just lobbies that you connect to instanced games and no giant open world like Final Fantasy XI or WoW, it still considered an Online RPG.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
<- not a heavy rpg player but it seems to me a telling characteristic of jrpg is that the chara you play has a premade personality(not to say its necessarily bad) and you play your part in a huge story ala final fantasy

wrpg you make your character and they're kind of blank slate and you marginally have options but you feel like you personally are in the game instead of controlling cloud you control TONG_ and it's a story about you instead of some jrpg hero's story which you are following

that seems to be the characteristic of j/wrpg to me

thats all i got lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hmm. Not exactly. That type of gameplay does indeed appear more often in wrpgs, however some jrpgs exhibit that type of gameplay as well.

anyone besides me and Mike have this yet?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
ok so i was playing some and i was j/w where is my quick menu
you know R + Y on old pso

i need it

Top Bottom