• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Pandemic Play Changes?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Over the past year, we've all been given the chance to play, possibly, more than ever before...? It's been 'closed season,' in terms of console tournaments and CRT game play.

How, if at all, has this time changed your personal play style, ability or even main? Have you got better? Stayed the same, or maybe realised just how much you need to work on something...?

For me, personally, Fox and Yoshi have become two very playable characters, like never before, fox, especially. I have really knuckled down against level 9 cpu, with him. As well as one or two matches against my missus, with her Link and Yoshi main's. Fox is a character I haven't really played in years, besides the odd two-player game, where I have been goaded into picking him, he's a character I've really overlooked. I was never awful with him, but I was never able to do the character justice, either. I still get completely fuked over by Pikachu, on a regular basis, though. (Yeah, and the missus's Link and Yoshi, from time to time.)

Yoshi still needs work, but I'm really starting to feel his strengths, as well. That Dair is awesome... When you're not the one on the receiving end of it!
A lot of people still play online and they get practice there. I've played with others offline in a safe setting including a recent small tournament. Some people have used this as a way to quit as they have other stuff to do and many venues such as my venue closed while others are clamoring to reopen.

Top Bottom