• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal help with cfalcon?!

BamBoozzled

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone today i have a problem a couple days ago i went from 50 losses and 70 wins to positive with a 20 win lead. After that i played the last couple of days and the oppnents are much more harder in 1 on 1. The past 6 games were all frustrating and wanted to throw my 3ds out the ****ing window. I played against a yoshi and link who all they did was jugle and i went to recover just dair me in to the floor not to mention a little mac who attacked me constantly. Link i couldnt approach constantly arrowed and boomerang and bombed even when i did he would 3 hit a combo and forward slash me in the face,mac even if i teched the fall would continuously dash attack and perfectly time b neutrals in my face, yoshis every time i recover would smash me down not to mention his dash attack is probably the top 3 in the game after dair me down titing and when i when to recover smashed me to take a stock. I dont expect to win every game but like when u lose 10 in a row u get pist off. Sorry for the rage but ive never had a more salty experiance in a game in my life then today please help both with the salt and the games. Not to mention i get scared when i knock them off stage and the only combo i do is gentlement>downthrow>upair thats it and let them fall i dont know how to follow up if i go for a juggle they punish so i need help with combos to im really sorry everyone.

TLDR: Im salty because of playing against yoshi link and little mac, these high skilled players basicly owned my ass i got really salty of this and dont know what to do.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Losing is the only way to improve. Now that Smash has decent online with the 3DS, this gives a lot of new players huge opportunities to play against better players (and from the comfort of your own home).

The idea is that you shouldn't be playing to win. You should be playing to improve. If you're getting caught out by the same stuff think about why that's happening and what you can do to adapt to that. That's what competitive Smash comes down to is, who can adapt the fastest. (Ex: Many players at MLG were losing to Amsa and would be 1-2 in the first 3 games, but some of the pros were able adapt to Yoshi and his tricks and close the set 3-2 in their favor). The only way you'll be pushed to your limits as a player and forced to adapt and improve is to be put in these situations where your bad habits and poor decisions are pounded into you until you finally change them. Just keep a level head, don't go tilt, don't auto cancel, and keep taking notes

To kind of put things into perspective, when I first joined competitive smash in 2006 for Melee I just kept playing with one of my good friends at the time who introduced me to the scene (FalseFalco, one of the best Melee players in Canada, especially at that time) and I just kept losing for the longest time. But I went from being a total scrub to winning tournaments locally, so then you start to play (and lose) to players in your state/province, and then out of state/province, etc etc to continue challenging yourself (ie: getting bodied by better players) to improve. From experience also, salt is always the best motivator.

Some tips that I think would help you from what I read is:

1. Approaching with Dash -> Shield. This is going to help you close the distance against projectiles and players who are attacking aggressively/mindlessly, and you can also get a grab off of this as well. Projectile users are going to be in favor of you just like in Melee/PM just because of how fast you can close the distance easier than most of the characters and the combos/punishes you can get off once you get in. You don't have to do this in a full dash into shield btw. Just dash shield incrementally as you see fit and close the distance that way. As long as you control center stage and push your opponent to the edge, they'll have no where to go since you can then cover their option of roll or jump over.

2. Get used to having a bad recovery lmaooooo life of Falcon. You just need to mix it up. Somethings you can start doing is, opting for upb over sideb almost always, always save your second jump and use it to jump directly on the ledge/stage, drop down super low and recover from there, utilize your wall jumps, or simply up b over and mix up between leaning in or leaning back towards the ledge (the classic falcon lean back)

3. Never be scared as Falcon. Dash, turn, jump (retain momentum), and bair then for the edgeguard. All things considered, recovering is a lot more lenient in this game so you can be more adventurous with your edgeguards. Hax's Falcon in Melee takes a lot of risks by going for those offstage gimps. Falcon is all about going hard or going home.

Top Bottom