• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Permanant Giga Bowser

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
Don't get excited. It is a question I yet have seen to get answered. Bowser pull the same GIGA glitch as Jiggs? sry if you're peeved that I don't have the Answer

peril1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhyetRhyet
I wanna know the answer too! Can anyone test this? I'd personally like it more if he gets impaled by the bridge. :chuckle:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
or super sonic stays supery
or pikachu stays sparky
all are good ideas to try out, which i could with my copy of brawl, but chose not to, and instead wrote this post about good ideas to try out.

Mule50

Smash Cadet
Well I hope not as that might mean the end of smash balls, or at least the banning of certain stages. However, it would be so epic to be a permanent Giga Boweser

Locke66

Smash Cadet
that would rock!

but i don't think that smash balls are gonna be in competitive play anyway... with FSs like marth's that are super broken and some others that just aren't that great *cough landmaster cough*

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Sorry. This topic was brought up on Brawl Central and we tested it. Came up negative. Bowser just gets hit, canceling the FS and the smash ball disappears.

Eten

Smash Ace
Just throwing this in there before any lemmings swarm out the possibility of final smashes in competitive play-
Each final smash has different strengths just like how each character's moves have different strengths. In the variety it all balances out(or not, tiers and meta-game you know) so it isn't very logical to be banning FS just because you think some FS appear better than others. Since picking up the smash ball itself isn't as random as items are that random factor also isn't there so in reality unless we see some character's exploits of final smashes so common that they make the game unplayable(and not extremely specific behavior that exploits specific glitches that you could just outright ban) final smashes should be considered part of the game and competitive in the same way as any move, grab, edgeguard or other technique is.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing this in there before any lemmings swarm out the possibility of final smashes in competitive play-
Each final smash has different strengths just like how each character's moves have different strengths. In the variety it all balances out(or not, tiers and meta-game you know) so it isn't very logical to be banning FS just because you think some FS appear better than others. Since picking up the smash ball itself isn't as random as items are that random factor also isn't there so in reality unless we see some character's exploits of final smashes so common that they make the game unplayable(and not extremely specific behavior that exploits specific glitches that you could just outright ban) final smashes should be considered part of the game and competitive in the same way as any move, grab, edgeguard or other technique is.
Not really....smash balls are STILL somewhat random on who gets it and when you get it it's pretty much a guaranteed kill no skill involved, while competitions are about who is better not who can get lucky get a final smash and blow someone up.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I am glad that this doesn't work. Glitches like this would totally ruin the game.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Ya this glitch would be toaly unfair and would make it less fun..

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Not really....smash balls are STILL somewhat random on who gets it and when you get it it's pretty much a guaranteed kill no skill involved, while competitions are about who is better not who can get lucky get a final smash and blow someone up.
A lot of fs are not garuanteed kills (Lucario, Ness, Lucas, Peach etc.) that being said, I've hated the idea of a final smash from the start. As soon as they announced the idea back forever ago when they were just starting the planning and stuff I've been annoyed as to how cheap and pointless they would be. Competitive play will most likely not involve the fs because it is kind of a matter of luck and not skill.

B0NK

Smash Lord
A lot of fs are not garuanteed kills (Lucario, Ness, Lucas, Peach etc.) that being said, I've hated the idea of a final smash from the start. As soon as they announced the idea back forever ago when they were just starting the planning and stuff I've been annoyed as to how cheap and pointless they would be. Competitive play will most likely not involve the fs because it is kind of a matter of luck and not skill.
Did you just hate the idea for competitive play? Because if your with a group of friends that aren't as well as a player as you are, it can be fun to have items like these. Remember Smash Bros. is not just made for competitive play, it is made for everyone to have fun and enjoy the game.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
But think of it, just truckin' it and like blowing captain Falcon across the screen while his limbs catch on fire by the explosive effect of his f-smash. Yea, you know you wish it was real.....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sorry. This topic was brought up on Brawl Central and we tested it. Came up negative. Bowser just gets hit, canceling the FS and the smash ball disappears.
That sounds as if your doing as Bowser is turning into Giga Bowser.
What happens when Giga is Shrinking?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
that would rock!

but i don't think that smash balls are gonna be in competitive play anyway... with FSs like marth's that are super broken and some others that just aren't that great *cough landmaster cough*
Have you played Brawl, or are you just speculating?
And since when is Marth's FS good? And landmasters are actually pretty good(Falco's can kill you while you're invincible on that respawn flying platform).

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
Not that i condone or even like glitches, but wouldn't it be crazy if 4 bowsers used this glith(if it were real of course...). it would take up the whole freaking screen! lol!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Remember Smash Bros. is not just made for competitive play, it is made for everyone to have fun and enjoy the game.
You forget that competitive Smashers have fun playing the game. Why else would we play it? It's not like we only care about winning or being the best. "Competitive play" only means that people try to get good so that when compared to other players on the basis of skill, they stand out.

Also, there's more than one way to play a game. That's what "options" are for. Competitive Smashers enjoy playing in a way that negates as much luck as possible so that the real winner is the more skilled player.

As for Smash Balls being banned, I support it - certain Final Smashers such as G&W's, Kirby's, Peach's, Luigi's, and Dedede's are simply crap compared to something like Lucario's, Mario's, Samus', Ganondorf's, Bowser's, and Ike's Final Smash. Also, Final Smashes in general aren't that good anyway; except for the most accurate or controllable ones (such as Bowser's), they can be easily avoided simply by grabbing the edge and camping.

Regarding the topic - It would've been funny if there was a way to make Bowser stuck as Giga Bowser :ohwell:.

Top Bottom