• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfecting tech/tech rolls?

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

Hi.
I would like to know how to appropriately tech. A friend of mine recently started using Lucas, and it's annoying how he keeps hyping him because some of us tend to fall of the D-Air D-Tilt/Jab lock- I conciously know that it can be teched, it's just that it doesn't happen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...I keep spamming the Shield button and only very rarely does my character tech.

That goes with genearl teching, by the way.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
You don't want to spam it, because if you press it too early you'll close out your window to be able to tech. Just practice the timing. To be honest, your primary goal should be avoiding the dair all together, since it's his best combo starter (pretty much only). Either get out of the way and punish his landing, or don't let him jump over your head ever. Not sure what char you use, but zone him with a bair/fair or try to pivot grab his landings or something.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
Read this.
It may be useful. The timing is important for teching, spamming the Shield button is npt good. Try to time it correctly instead.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
For Lucas's dair in particular you can just hold up and not get hit by the last hit.

Top Bottom