• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Pivoting For Rosalina

c4p1v4r4

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4270-1365-3495
Hello fellows Rosaluma

Have been like almost week since perfect pivoting arrived and I was thinking if some of you have already master this. I have this very painful to learn but seems like a very useful technique. Have you find some use to this? Some sweet combos maybe. :awesome:

What is your opinion about fighting against someone who use this? We should stick in our old strategies or maybe change something about them. I think that maybe Luma is in more dangerous now because they can escape more easy and be in range to punish her.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Don't we get like, the least bit of range with it? I'm gonna try it some more too but I don't expect amazing results with this.
It is definitely something more useful for the rest of the cast, and something we'll need to deal with more often than use, but spacing tools are useful for everyone, no matter how insignificant. That said, I'm not making any effort to learn how to do this until I get a GC adapter, too much effort for a short term benefit. ;p

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Given how Luma takes a moment to switch sides whenever Rosalina turns around, I think perfect pivot attacks will lack the range we may be used to having. I haven't experimented with this myself yet, but that's what theorycrafting suggests.

c4p1v4r4

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4270-1365-3495
Here some video about R&L doing this.

In most cases Luma get some place behind Rosa. For me looks like it lose some range. But well still trying master this lol

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
looks like approaching with it using ftilt keeps luma in front.

well, i guess it gives us more punish options oos against moves with shield push.

i'm curious how dmash/dtilt functions with this. no wii u yet so i cant test.

Last edited:

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
perfect pivoting away with jabs is a really good tool to use against certain mus. also, the back hit of rosalina's dsmash is stronger and can kill unlike the front hit(Yea front hit can kill but waayyy later than back hit). So punishing a bad landing with a perfect pivot dsmash is a great option to use the technique for as well.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
perfect pivoting away with jabs is a really good tool to use against certain mus. also, the back hit of rosalina's dsmash is stronger and can kill unlike the front hit(Yea front hit can kill but waayyy later than back hit). So punishing a bad landing with a perfect pivot dsmash is a great option to use the technique for as well.
it seems like the perfect pivot jabs aren't super effective unless you get some distance away from luma using a jab before hand. like, if you perfect pivot, luma teleports in the direction you're dashing first, then you turn around and luma's basically inside rosalina. luma's pretty much the one that counts for the jab so i dunno. i think just like, doing a couple neutral jabs, then perfect pivot back, do another double jab or more if it connects, then do another perfect pivot or w/e. just seems like a good bait but it needs the setup.

perfect pivot dsmash definitely gud. because it separates luma a bit it covers way more ground, i like it.

Top Bottom