• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect pivot help please

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
Trying to finally learn how to perfect pivot with fox. I can only do it sometimes randomly 1 out of like 40 lol. I always end up doing a dash dance. Anyone can help me out on what I am doing wrong?

seoh

Smash Cadet
if you're doing a foxtrot into turn around, you are just doing it too slow. pp is a faster movement, this video covers it, but im guessing you've seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaR4RM-qr0. I recommend going into training and turning the speed down and practicing it to get used to the motion and work up the speed. as you'll get better, sometimes you will turn around after the pivot, and its pretty hard to control this. to prevent turn arounds, always buffer something out of a pp (tilt/shield/crouch being the most applicable)

also foxtrotting/extended dash dancing/pp are all very useful for fox, so learn all of them

Last edited:

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
Unfortunately I am a 3DS player and I understand the pain of being unable to perfect pivot, since the Circle Pad is so stubborn. In my many attempts in 1/4 speed training mode, I have learned that you must do the perfect pivot at a certain frame. You should flick your analog stick back, exactly when fox first slight leans in to dash. This will do the jaw dropping slide, in slow motion. Doing it in 1x speed, like in every other match, is daunting, back practice makes perfect. You'll never master it if you never practice or give up.

Jontho

Smash Rookie
If you're getting an on-spot dash dance, it's because you're not releasing the stick back to neutral fast enough after the second flick. It's not because you're not fast enough. Try releasing the stick asap.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
Just wondering, why do you want to learn how to perfect pivot. It is an advanced tech, one that meant for advanced players. It isn't fundamental, in fact it's a supplement to say the least. Sure it's nice to know how to perfect pivot, but this isn't Melee where wardashing is a crucial part of the meta. You can simply play Smash 4 without perfect pivoting and be off fine :)

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, why do you want to learn how to perfect pivot. It is an advanced tech, one that meant for advanced players. It isn't fundamental, in fact it's a supplement to say the least. Sure it's nice to know how to perfect pivot, but this isn't Melee where wardashing is a crucial part of the meta. You can simply play Smash 4 without perfect pivoting and be off fine :)
Lol yes I know. I have beaten many other foxes players that do it. It's just something I wanted to learn how to do effectively to add to the arsenal and see how it works out for me. Yeah I'm so glad smash 4 is not like melee in that respect

Top Bottom