• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Pivot Applications?

Burglor

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'm labbing perfect pivots and they're getting pretty crispy at this point. However, I haven't gotten a chance to actually try them against an actual person. So, the only thing I can think of to use them for would be to fight back approaches or maybe sneak in a cheeky gentlemen somewhere. But you guys are way better than me so drop some knowledge.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Perfect pivots definitely would be a great anti approach, if they don't approach, you can use it like normal people would use a wavedash in order to move your dash-dance control space.

It also means you can go for more rewarding stuff off a counter-approach, because normally someone would dash-dance grab, but imagine dash-dance pivot knee instead.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
I like implementing ftilt out of pivot. The up angled one is a good anti air, the down angled one is GREAT for tiny opponents (crouching Puff) and normal one can just call out your opponents bad spacing. you can also anti air with pivot instant uair, or fade away with pivot instant uair/nair to cover your previous space/start pressuring aggressive opponents. That being said, if they're hanging away at an unsafe distance, you can call out their bait's with pivot instant uair, and then knee their helpless body.

Practice getting the pivot on the ledge; if you perfect pivot, your dash momentum will carry you off the stage and you can fastfall to instantly grab ledge. It's Falcon's best ledgehog option, super hard to pull off.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Practice getting the pivot on the ledge; if you perfect pivot, your dash momentum will carry you off the stage and you can fastfall to instantly grab ledge. It's Falcon's best ledgehog option, super hard to pull off.
Its more or less a PC drop though is it not?

Anyways, i love to use perfect empty pivots early to force them into taken certain tech options early in the match and set. Other then that pivotFilt, or pivot fsmash if you catch a Floaty in a bad spot or a spacie in shine.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Its more or less a PC drop though is it not?

Anyways, i love to use perfect empty pivots early to force them into taken certain tech options early in the match and set. Other then that pivotFilt, or pivot fsmash if you catch a Floaty in a bad spot or a spacie in shine.
More or less. PC drop is performed out of walk, which works well for most characters, other than Falcon. If you can do a perfect pivot on ledge you can get to the ledge out of dash, which means with Falcon's dash speed he can get to the ledge in roughly 20 frames from center stage of BF.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
More or less. PC drop is performed out of walk, which works well for most characters, other than Falcon. If you can do a perfect pivot on ledge you can get to the ledge out of dash, which means with Falcon's dash speed he can get to the ledge in roughly 20 frames from center stage of BF.
After i posted this i went and tested some things out with my eye test atleast, it feels like perfect pivot dropping is faster and all around smoother feeling when i can get it clean. Reminds me alot of using a pivot dash to get nana to grab ledge as icies. It is extremely hard through to get without sding somethings though.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Dash-> pivot-> WD is a little less difficult to execute, and it extends the range you can be at to get to the ledge by a little bit. It's not as fast as pivot on ledge, but it's not slow by any means

Top Bottom