• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Percentage dependent V-cancelling

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Alright so with the new discovery of V-cancelling I was wondering if it would be possible to do something like the following
set the V-cancelling multiplier to something like .33 or .5 w/e (just an overwrite of 0xA170 in PlCo) and check for the players percent, if its less than or equal to 50% have it v-cancel normally but if its greater render v-cancelling useless.

Acryte

Smash Ace
What's the use of trying to V-Cancel @ less than 50% damage? It's only useful when the knockback is high enough that you might die. At lower percents trying to V-Cancel is going to mess up your tech windows so you'll effectively never use V-Cancelling with this idea. If anything I'd make it slightly more useful... say reduce distance by 20% instead of 10%.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
What's the use of trying to V-Cancel @ less than 50% damage? It's only useful when the knockback is high enough that you might die. At lower percents trying to V-Cancel is going to mess up your tech windows so you'll effectively never use V-Cancelling with this idea. If anything I'd make it slightly more useful... say reduce distance by 20% instead of 10%.
What I said/meant was that you could v-cancel about half of a move's knockback at low percents, effectively allowing you to prevent low-percent kills or mess up combos at low percent.

Top Bottom