• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

people are talking about updating project m past 3.6 with a new team, what does this board think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
could be bugfixes, could be the leaked characters... could be a disaster... or a reviving

what does the board think?

Zoa

Smash Ace
Maybe add some of the 3.6 fixes like Link’s grab and whatnot, but otherwise no. The former PMDT has asked us not to continue with updates. They asked to leave it as is.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
could be bugfixes, could be the leaked characters... could be a disaster... or a reviving

what does the board think?
I see no reason not to continue to update Project M. The only issue is convincing people to play it.
If the people who take charge of the project can't lay any claim to authority, players will likely reject it, and continue to hold to 3.6 as it is, due to it being official and having been used for so long now.
Even if there was a playerbase for it, tournament organizers could reject it. And even if a good number of them embraced it, it would still fracture the playerbase between those who will play it and those who won't---and Project M already has a small playerbase.

So no matter how good a job the new team could do, the end product has a very high chance of being left on the shelf.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
If this does happen it should just be 3.61 and maybe Knuckles no real balance changes. Also I'm in the process of updating most of my codes so if this does end up happening soon the timing couldn't be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom