• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Ledge Pressure

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach’s ledge pressure

This thread is similar to the other one, but this time I’d like to discuss what Peach can do to pressure her opponent on the ledge. Being on the ledge is a very dangerous position. Peach has many options to give her opponent a hard time, so I feel ledge pressure is something we should master in order to play Peach as efficiently as possible. What tools do you guys use in order to put pressure on the opponent when they are on the ledge? Although some tools might be effective against the entire cast, I am aware that some things might or might not work against specific characters, so feel free to discuss character specific strategies (against Sheik I do… but against Falcon I do…).

I’m not very good at ledge pressuring so this isn’t going to be a very good write-up :p. I need your help! Anyway, things that seem to work reasonable:

Ground Float > Fair: Fair’s hitbox is huge, it’s super strong and SUPER scary. Fair can punish everything: standard get-up, get-up attacks, ledge rolls, jumps, whiffed second jump aerials… The down-side to it is that the start-up is high, making it hard to react to something as a standard get-up, since standard-get up only have one frame on invincibility. It requires some prediction. Or luck.

Usmash: So Usmash is quite interesting. First of all, this kills rolls. Well actually, everything kills rolls since they’re incredibly easy to punish, but with Usmash it’s even easier and it’s very effective because it’s so strong. Second, you can get an Usmash in if you shield close to the ledge and your opponent does as standard-get up or a get-up attack. If your reactions are fast enough, you may be able to react to your opponent’s rolls too and chase them down with a Dash Attack/ Dash Grab. I haven’t had any success punishing jumps though.

Dash Attack: Being frame 6, this is her fastest option. It’s great for chasing down rolls if you they happen to be out of your range, punishing landings from jumps, and thanks to its speed you can react decently well to standard get-ups. The downside is that if you get shielded you’re in for some punish, especially if you get shielded for attempting to punish a standard-get up.

Back Throw: Her killing throw. It usually requires you to dash past your opponent and pivot throw them, making it a slow option, but it can be quite effective if you’re opponent sits in his shield. I wish there were more set-up for this move since it’s pretty strong and it beats shield but I can’t really find any…

Throw Turnips towards the ledge: This seems to destroy jump-ins. It will sometimes catch standard-get ups, but it requires some timing since standard get-up have only one frame of lag. A well timed standard-get up and shield will usually beat turnip spam.

So what strategies do you guys use? My ledge pressure is kind of flawed which I think is a shame since Peach seems to have a very decent ledge pressure game. I would appreciate some input!

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
By ground floating repeatedly you can cut every option that isn't a ledge jump, wich means it won't be good against characters that can easily escape juggling.
By floating above the ledge ypu can cut ledge jump as well, but you can't do it indefinitely.
When you shield right next to the ledge you can punish every option with BThrow, DA, ground and aerial Bair, and OOS USmash, though rarely you'll grab them if they roll, forcing you to dash attack them onstage.

Top Bottom