• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Wavedash?

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
So, I was experimenting with beach and I found something interesting. Peach technically has a true wavedash in smash 4. Heres how you do it: You simply jump and hold the y/x button to make Peach float slightly above the ground, then you quickly let go and diagonally air dodge into the ground (just like in melee). The reason why it is a true wavedash is because it involves pressing x/y, then r/l while aiming the joystick diagonally towards the ground, though now you have to hold x/y. Unfortunately, I have not found a good use for it, since (like in melee) she does not go very far and now she cant attack while sliding across the ground. Although it could be a good spacer, I personally see Perfect Pivoting as a better alternative, although peach will go a lot farther if you increase he agility or giver a speed skater badge in equipment. Tell me below if you have found any use for it or if you can think of any use for it. Also, I'm sorry if this has already been discovered, and if it has please try to inform me in a kind manner. Thank you.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
So, I was experimenting with beach and I found something interesting. Peach technically has a true wavedash in smash 4. Heres how you do it: You simply jump and hold the y/x button to make Peach float slightly above the ground, then you quickly let go and diagonally air dodge into the ground (just like in melee). The reason why it is a true wavedash is because it involves pressing x/y, then r/l while aiming the joystick diagonally towards the ground, though now you have to hold x/y. Unfortunately, I have not found a good use for it, since (like in melee) she does not go very far and now she cant attack while sliding across the ground. Although it could be a good spacer, I personally see Perfect Pivoting as a better alternative, although peach will go a lot farther if you increase he agility or giver a speed skater badge in equipment. Tell me below if you have found any use for it or if you can think of any use for it. Also, I'm sorry if this has already been discovered, and if it has please try to inform me in a kind manner. Thank you.
Airdodging makes this a bad version of the already known technique QFR since Airdodging causes a lot of lag, QFR is basically just a regular jump. Watch Dark.Pch's video about it, it shows the uses for it which is pretty similar to a wavedash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYgTxnK8z0

Last edited:

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Airdodging makes this a bad version of the already known technique QFR since Airdodging causes a lot of lag, QFR is basically just a regular jump. Watch Dark.Pch's video about it, it shows the uses for it which is pretty similar to a wavedash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYgTxnK8z0
Exactly. While the air dodge thing seems cool, we already have Quick Float Release, and it's really good. Continue to look for things and see if you can find any tech, though! =)

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
Ok, thanks! This Quick Float Release seems for useful than the wavedash. I guess this wavedash can be used to approach you opponent right at the end of their attack due to the frames of invincibility, though simply doing a normal dodge could be an easier alternative, unless the dodge would bring you to far away. I personally think this wavedash is very situational and you would need to be about as frame perfect as M2K to know when and when not to use it. Like gagelax said, the fact that Peach technically has a wavedash in sm4sh is cool, like an "unintentional easter egg" (if that makes any sense). Though don't look up to me as a peach main, as my name suggests I main Jiggs in sm4sh. And I bet you that your Peach could beat my Jiggs, as I consider myself a decent player in general. Anyways, thanks!

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Ok, thanks! This Quick Float Release seems for useful than the wavedash. I guess this wavedash can be used to approach you opponent right at the end of their attack due to the frames of invincibility, though simply doing a normal dodge could be an easier alternative, unless the dodge would bring you to far away. I personally think this wavedash is very situational and you would need to be about as frame perfect as M2K to know when and when not to use it. Like gagelax said, the fact that Peach technically has a wavedash in sm4sh is cool, like an "unintentional easter egg" (if that makes any sense). Though don't look up to me as a peach main, as my name suggests I main Jiggs in sm4sh. And I bet you that your Peach could beat my Jiggs, as I consider myself a decent player in general. Anyways, thanks!
No problem.

Top Bottom